Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 04:06 AM
Fire Giant

If the leveling experience suits you I'd say rogue is an excellent choice. Always wanted to for raids. Uncomplicated role at raids. What's not to like. My play style outside of raids is very lone-wolf like. So I have a hard time imagining leveling up a rogue due to not being very capable of soloing on that class. But that's besides the point. Rogue is a great choice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-29-2020, 04:43 AM
Aviak

I remember stay 5+ hours waiting for group with my warrior in old times, is the strange situation of this game, people want knights for group exp and warriors for raids, but how they expect you lvl up the warrior? xD
Old 01-29-2020, 05:06 AM
Fire Giant

So to expand. If I were starting on P99 a fresh and I really wanted to play a melee character here is what I would do:

Make my first character as either

Enchanter
Necromancer
Druid

Then level to 60 and make a lot of plat. Then start and twink a melee with my riches
Old 01-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric if you like healing. Rogue if you like doing DPS. Any other class if you don't mind being told to switch to a guild owned cleric for the raids.

If you are looking to end up in a top end blue guild that's what's going to happen. You're never going to match the experience and gear of the guild's top warriors and monks, and every other class tends to be expendable versus having enough clerics.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

You'll be accepted to the two raid guilds, AG and Riot as any class. Every class has its place on a raid.

With that said, there is no such thing as too many rogues or clerics on a raid.

Enchanters are in heavy demand too.

Don't go warrior unless you're a masochist. Yes, raids generally need them but it'll be a year until you can be useful.

The only class I recommend you not play is a shaman. There are way too many of them in the raid scene.
Closed Thread