Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Pathing Issues from v50

I posted this in the original "Patch Notes: September 29th, 2019" thread, and then mistakenly in the "Technical" forum, but this seems like a most appropriate forum.

Ever since the v50 patch, mobs in Upper Guk (for me specifically at the AC camp) are experiencing pathing issues where instead of falling into, and swimming away through the water as they have normally done for decades, fleeing crocs are now either...
  • fleeing through the wall, or
  • jumping up ON TOP of the ceiling as they flee.
These mobs can still be killed with a lucky spell or by pets, but if killed their corpses are unreachable and un-lootable.

This has led to several large trains in the zone over the last few days, and TOO MUCH Ancient Croc loot rotting away.

Is anyone experiencing this issue in other zones...
Old 10-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

Jaled Dar hits you from his lair up to the underground tunnel, that happened before patch
Old 10-02-2019, 03:16 AM
Fire Giant

Path Failing in Temple of Veeshan:

East side, Wurms that would sit at entrance of Wing, infront of Dozekar Room are now sitting under hub, on the small cubs kicking underworld up and down. Even thought they are there if you walk into east they will aggro from under hub and also bring mobs from hub to you.

Mobs can join wings again, no warp like can train mobs to West and Hub mobs can enter East. Is that Intended?

Looks like the path fix a few zones but breaks others.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

This is a problem in every zone right now and noticeably worse in zones that have changing height elevations/water
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Mobs warping all around in HS yesterday.

The old pathing we all complained about for years begins to look pretty decent now.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a problem in every zone right now and noticeably worse in zones that have changing height elevations/water
Yes this is a major issue in SG for now also..
Old 10-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

I suspect a lot of the pathing work was done when the z axis coordinates were messed up, and now that they're fixed, mobs are in broken places.

I'm sure Haynar's working on it.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

maybe path is not broken, but as you say, mobs Z Axis is, life of a coder. Fix one thing breaks everything.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

In Lower Gun, when pet-pulling "a reanimated hand" while standing in the water-tunnel room below, he used to come right down normally, but now he warps away somehow and aggros tons of mobs and coming back from behind the player in the corridor to the east. Never happened before, and I've camped there pretty much.