Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that was my thought. I think a part of you feels some guilt and that's why you made this thread to praise him and try to get him his, while still selfishly keeping the one he should have had. If you really wanna 'make it right' then just give it back imho.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This one of the easiest camps in the game due to the way p99 scripted it....

Super easy to spend all game night making her pop using a well made guide on how to spawn her via. (Easy to find said guide.)
Are you referencing the guide on the wiki? If so, something seems off...I'm definitely not getting a PH in those spots listed every 3 minutes on the dot. At least not on Teal.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:54 AM
Skeleton

You don't need to feel guilty or give the guy thanks for doing a decent thing-- like someone else said doing the right thing is thanks enough. Besides, If guy wasn't there, you would have medded up and gotten the stone yourself anyway, so...

And yeah it was dumb of you to engage prematurely, but if you hadn't engaged, he would have taken the camp from you. Regardless, of whether people consider killing PH's as 'camping' her, it technically is. Just because she wanders a bit, and is level 20 or whatever and its easy to one-shot her at higher levels, doesn't mean he had the right to her over you. People treat it as first come first serve with Pyz, but if you're sitting there trying to get her to spawn for hours, you're entitled to her camp, because you are actively trying to get her to spawn. It's still camp stealing when someone takes it from you, which means if that had happened then you could have petitioned and you would have won.

Instead he waited for you to die and stole your spawn, then he felt like a shit about it and gave you the item that should have been yours-- an item that you had been camping for days. Don't feel guilty. He can camp her for 3 days like you did and get his dumb stone like the rest of us.

I had Pyz nuked from under me when I camped her on Blue a long time ago-- I was actively fighting her on my similar-level character (she was bluebie to me), I didn't need help, had been fighting her for a good 30 seconds, and some level 50 literally just one-shotted her to steal the GBS from me because they saw she was just over half health.

And yeah, you can just easily steal Pyz away from someone engaging her or camping her, and people do-- But just because you can do that, doesn't mean you should, and doesn't mean you're in the right for doing so.

People saying you 'don't deserve it' or whatever, are nuts. Just showing up to kill something someone else was camping and died to is not 'deserving' of it btw, lol.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it has to do with the newness of the server TBH. On Blue, people were really kind all the time in my experience.

With the new servers, everyone is starting from scratch, so people are more focused on/value more their plat and loot. With only classic content available, certain popular areas are very crowded and overcamped, which leads to more confrontations and tension. I think as the server ages a bit more and we get closer to Kunark, it will start getting better and people will chill out a bit more.
Wishful thinking but the pixel sickness doesnt get better with more playing - it only gets worse
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you're clearing the camp and working to get pyzbjaisn to spawn, finally get her, then some dude shows up and basically pressured you into engaging early and then letting you die, and not only are you cool with this, but you think hes a good guy just because he reneged on being a top tier asshole?

p99 changes people
No that's not what happened. Kalsto was like let's see whats going on here. Oh look some guy is kiting Pyz. Shit he's panicking! Wtf! Now hes dead. Damn, ok let me kill this thing. Shit, look at this! Here, take your stone my panicky guy.

No pressure. Guy panicked because he saw another guy. He just assume it was KILL STEALING TIME. But Kalsto is an actual good guy. Don't throw shade.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:19 PM
Kobold

I never said Kalsto was going to KS me. But I believe he was about to engage after seeing me following her and sitting down as i followed her to med a little more. He may not have engaged her and yes i did rush in because i was afraid to lose my spawn, so numbnutz me. As the thread indicates, i was praising Kalsto, he did a good thing by giving me the stone. He did do a dick move though, he even admitted it and felt guilty for it which is why he gave me my stone. Obviously by the responses to this thread every has their own opinions, and you know they saying, theyre like assholes, we all have them and they all stink.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

Nice story! I have been on the receiving end of this and on the other side of it as well. It's a cop out but P99 and specifically green launch kind of bred this kind of attitude with how everybody kind of acts about mobs and getting xp. Back in the day in the 2000s, 90% of the player base would not have thought twice about helping a dying player. Things are just different now. I try to help as much but am guilty of waiting for people to try a mob especially on a contested camp. Your post has inspired me to be better in 2020 about this! Thanks!

p.s. I think most players would have rushed to engage out of fear of the snipe. People on P99 love to use the "rules" to their advantage. No matter how poor etiquette it is, and I never blame them for it.
Last edited by zaneosak; 01-03-2020 at 12:28 PM..
Old 01-04-2020, 03:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
This one of the easiest camps in the game due to the way p99 scripted it....

Super easy to spend all game night making her pop using a well made guide on how to spawn her via. (Easy to find said guide.)

Or if you want to do something even easier and super lazy like I was, camp a ranger there and log in once it's time for the first possible spawns and track. If the mobs did the spawn work for you, go kill. If she isn't spawned, log off. I imagine I spent around 10 total minutes of actual game time to get mine, over a relaxing 5 day period.
Thats just plain BS ….. I know the camp, i know the timers, spawnpoints and the PHs exactly and this is written nowhere!
Did this camp for almost 5 weeks, 8 - 12 hours a day with a short break of 3 days. I recorded 50 of my nights and had 150 spawn changes this way. Exactly 19 Pyzjn spawned during those times. I killed in total 49/50 Pyzjn ( i might be off 1) and got my GBS finally. So you sir have no clue what you talk about…..
Closed Thread