Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Kobold

If you are like me with an almost OCD desire to both get lewt/plat and exp geos can take you all the way to 51 (although at 48 its about a 50/50 blue green).

Goos in WL was my next step after CC. Buggars are pretty good exp and can drop decent vendor trash (star ruby earrings / globs of tar that stack and vendor 3ishpp a piece).

I second you on ToFS. I got wrecked a few times on the second floor. Never been back or past. May have to bring a tougher toon with back up for some sweet sweet revenge.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Banned

I'm sick of spiders. Sick of orcs. I want GEOS but they're almost always camped. I'd have to log in during the day and play to get them. Sadly, unlike Spyder73 who just weighed in at 500 lbs on mom's bathroom scale, I am gainfully employed.

Need to figure out my next leveling spot. Money is good but not essential. I'm thinking of heading to Wakening lands, or trying to get to 3rd floor of TOFS...

Currently level 39.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Banned

News flash hot shot, working from home on a 100% commission job where you do not actually make any commission = unemployed. Glad they gave you an email address and a name tag but we are making real gains here in the Lone Star state.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Geos are camped quite a bit. I am sure my posting how great they are in every thread didn't help. My necro has bounced out of there so I wont be holding that down while I binge watch Netflix, so that is one less neckbeard to contend with.

I cant really think of another 39ish leveling spot unless you want to venture into kael/SS/thurg and off the weaker guards, and they may be terrible exp and a bit iffy.

Keep trying geos or form up a ToFS hit squad. I will probably join you just to get a key for the 3rd floor and skip the most hated library.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:27 AM
Banned

I stayed in CC til 43. Spiders and geos when I could get em. Spiders turned out to be my favorite. Plenty of mobs and the silks sell 200-300 pp a stack to tailors, making each spider worth about a peridot. Geos also pay off well, and i haven't even sold the majority of my velium ore. I may have made about 8k leveling there.

I could have stayed, but I ended up making a trip to the Commonlands. It was a natural stopping point, so I went into TOFS. Even at level 43, Level 2 was very risky. I ended up duoing with a high 30s necro and we got the key after maybe an hr together.

Floor 3 so far seems largely populated by shadow armor and sleeping skellingtons, neither of whom drop valuable loot.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:35 PM
Banned

TOFS as a twinked level 43 monk

no work yesterday (HEHE).

You can manage a bit of Floor 2 by yourself. I went in with some druid buffs and wearing all my resists and could clear like 6-8 ghosts on right side of library. This floor is so brutal, though; get a duo.

Floor 3 was pretty good exp off of armored shadows. The sleeping skeletons are cute but they hit hard and fast. I was unable to kill a few of the sleeping cuties. However I raped the angry chef without qualms. Literally.

I was killing the spooky doggo cheffies and then worked my way up to the stinky pool room and brutalizing butlers, beating them badly with my batons, and suddenly the secret special doggo popped and I duked him down.

Suddenly, there it was. The key to 4. I grasped it in my slimy claws, besmirched with filth and ichor and fecal essence. I wanted to cry but iksars shed no tears. I tore through the halls and came to the mirror of static and creepy whisperings and I shoved the grungy key into the mirror and BLIP

i landed on floor 4. Oozing slime balls and creepy cummy mummies harangued me at all sides and soon my proud Iksar body was slimed and clawed and bleeding. The shadow bois with their wizzy spells and singey shields did me pain. But my Lordly tunic of Fungal Stench kept me alive as did my quick wits and ability to flop onto the ground and perform a mortal defecation on demand.

I found floor 4 very challenging. It hurt my feelings and my flesh. But my luck turned. A retarded troll shaman joined forces with me and together we besieged floor 4. The burning flesh and gross ooze turned out to be the liquefied corpses of tigers. That's right. They all drop Excellent Tiger Hides which I stupidly let rot. The coin drops are pretty good here, but no real cash opportunities outside of Cara Ormica's Embalmbing Knife and Sorcerous Bong, which we got 1 of each.

In order to properly solo this floor, I'll probably need to be level 46 or so to resist more. Amonhtehpa and Cara Ormica are CHing clerics who also have a stunning DoT called MagiCurse.

I would like to go back to floor 4 some time soon when I have another retarded friend with spells.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Nice, this has inspired me to take my 43 monk and my shaman bot to TOFS!
Old 05-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Skeleton

ToFS was one of my favorite zones. I guess we got lucky on the second floor key, we got it early, and just skipped the floor every other time. The key to the 7th floor took us a while but 6th floor is good exp anyways : )

I've been in CC quite a bit too. I think you can level to high 40s on the geos. I was even soloing them on my rogue. The plat can be really good. CC seems a little boring compared to ToFS to be honest. Getting the TOFS keys is a mini quest all on it's own.
Closed Thread