Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

Default Consensus on which Velious Plate is best?

Is there a consensus on which of the velious armor is best for each class?
Or if it was a mix and match situation?

I've seen the stats overview but I'm lousy at telling what a list of stat variances means in real terms.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

For stats and not appearance? Not sure.

But I will say I like a lot of the Velious helm graphics, whoever designed those did an awesome job of it.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen the stats overview but I'm lousy at telling what a list of stat variances means in real terms.
This tells you how inconsequential the differences are.

Thurg and Growth/Hate 2.0 are basically the same, just different graphics. I wouldn't bother with Thurg, generally you can get tradable items of a similar tier which you can always resell/regift once they are upgraded.

Kael tends to be more AC, Skyshrine more resists. Other stats / hp tends to be case by case basis. Both of these sets are better than Thurg and Growth, and generally not so easily upgraded either. With growth if it is going and you will use it you may as well loot it. Tends to have a rarer look too, which is cool.

Choosing between Kael and Skyshrine boils down to understanding what you want to do with your character, and as such which stats will be most useful, or simple convenience of which faction you are most likely to raise / which drops (or MQs if you like to pay other people to play the game on your behalf) you are most likely to come across.

What class are you asking for? What level? Do you have a guild or regular crew you have access to that are likely to do content which will result in any of the quest items?
Old 11-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This tells you how inconsequential the differences are.

Thurg and Growth/Hate 2.0 are basically the same, just different graphics. I wouldn't bother with Thurg, generally you can get tradable items of a similar tier which you can always resell/regift once they are upgraded.

Kael tends to be more AC, Skyshrine more resists. Other stats / hp tends to be case by case basis. Both of these sets are better than Thurg and Growth, and generally not so easily upgraded either. With growth if it is going and you will use it you may as well loot it. Tends to have a rarer look too, which is cool.

Choosing between Kael and Skyshrine boils down to understanding what you want to do with your character, and as such which stats will be most useful, or simple convenience of which faction you are most likely to raise / which drops (or MQs if you like to pay other people to play the game on your behalf) you are most likely to come across.

What class are you asking for? What level? Do you have a guild or regular crew you have access to that are likely to do content which will result in any of the quest items?
It's for my/my brothers bard. At a glance the kael looked better. The saves seemed quite small and it's better to get specific resist gear anyway isn't it?

I'm about to farm heads off tar goos on my other alt to give to the bard, just wonder if it's worth it.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't farm goos for heads unless XPing there or while waiting for rezzes. There are much lower hanging fruit for sources of head if you have a toon that doesn't care for Coldain.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Heads are for faction (without losing dorf) as per his other thread.

TBH, for bards, resists arent really as important since a res buff + self buff will basically get you to 230+ no problem.

Go for raw HP / sta / AC. SS and kael are pretty equivalent with more AC from Kael. I went SS on my bard cause it was far easier to farm plate due to many people doing HoT compared to west. However, Kael plate looks way better than SS cause its a dark red color.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

wiki lied that the tar goo's were 28, yellow at 28, can't safely kite em either. Long. BIt burned out from levelling shammy, maybe take a break now.

Guess I'll still aim for Kael plate for him.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well it’s not thurg or hate/growth. Those are lowest tier by far and near identical.

In general Skyshrine gear is the best but there are some differences.

For the warrior class the perks of ...

Kael armor:
27 more ac
9 more stamina
1 more poison resist

Skyshrine armor:
25 more raw hp
16 more agility
25 more dexterity
8 sv magic
9 sv fire
3 sv cold
7 sv disease

For the paladin class ...

Kael armor:
28 more ac
3 more str
3 more wisdom
50 more mana

Skyshrine:
20 more stamina
12 more dex
130 more hp
12 sv magic
5 sv fire
4 sv cold
5 sv poison
7 sv disease

I’m a huge advocate of AC and for both of these classes AC is clutch but the skyshrine set just has more to offer. As these factions are diametrically opposed ... we’ll that’s why most people and guilds will focus on halls of testing.

Skyshrine gear imo gives the best foundation base to launch into North ToV and a more well balanced individual and thus raid force. Either set is perfectly serviceable for all classes and, as has been pointed out, aren’t easily upgraded. A full set of either gear has a person more than raid ready/capable for any level of raid content P99 has to offer. Both sets completely overpower any group content.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 11-19-2019 at 10:26 AM..
Old 11-19-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

As a rule of thumb, any of the velious quest sets (thurgadin/Kael/Skyshrine, as well as the Growth set) are of similar tier and could all be considered mid-range for the Velious expansion. The difference is that the Thurgadin/Growth sets are lower midrange while the Kael/Skyshrine sets are upper midrange. It's not really all that big a difference between them however; the better sets are an incremental upgrade over the others, nothing dramatic. It's good itemization and all four of the sets serve a purpose.

--Kael set is usually nicest for players who act as a tank due to it having the highest armor rating.
--Skyshrine set is usually nicest for anyone who doesn't get hit much. Typically it has the highest overall statistics.
--Thurgadin set is easiest/cheapest to obtain by far and is therefore usually best for more casual players who have neither the time nor the inclination needed to obtain one of the above sets.
--Growth sets usually win for appearance because these sets often have a totally unique look relative to the other sets except for helms.

Full sets are typically unnecessary as for some slots alternate non-set pieces can usually be found of similar or superior quality. My Shadow Knight on "blue" wears fulltime 1 Skyshrine item, 1 Thurgadin item, and 1 Growth item, and occasionally swaps in a second Thurgadin item. Otherwise he uses mainly non-set items.

Danth
Old 11-19-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

• Skyshrine (HoT) armor is superior. (Kael armor AC gains are at the expense of a lot of stats and resists, but for tank classes, may be worth it.)
• Thurg chest and legs are worth getting unless you think you’ll get Skyshrine chest/legs soon enough.
• Thurg armor has a lot of worthless pieces that are totally eclipsed by things like Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, Crystal Chitin Gauntlets, Golde Efreeti Boots, Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet, and other basic droppable gear.
• My top picks other than chest and legs: int-caster gloves are great, monk bracer is useful for summon throwies clicky even if you don’t wear it, druid boots have clicky SoW.
Closed Thread