Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Kobold

Default Pyzjn - I got my Glowing Black Stone - Please Read

So I feel like I need to tell this story about receiving my GBS a few days ago. I even petitioned to see if a GM can help in any way reward or help me find a way to reward an amazing decision made in the moment by another player.

I camped the GBS in 1999 and put well over 50 hours into that camp. I started camping the GBS 2 weeks ago but not hardcore all the time, just 3 or 4 night cycles every other day or so. You notice the others popping in and out as well and for me personally Pyzjn is an open camp as its a roaming mob with 6 PHs but ive also left when I come a few times and see the same person sitting at the ruins. I know and understand the mechanics of the camp well but that's irrelevant. I didn't expect to get a GBS but figured I may get lucky. Over the last few weeks I got 4 Pyzjn spawns and of course got nothing but a rusty dagger.

A few days ago I got another Pyzjn spawn but like a dumbass just blowed all my Mana as I didn't think I was going to get a spawn (it was 6am game time). Just before 7am ticked she spawned! I am following her from 20-30 ft away, sitting and medding to get to about 2 bars of mana. Im a 21 Wiz so I root the pet, and shes dead in 2 nukes. I tick just over a blue bubble of mana and another PC walks up, a 29 Mage named Kalsto (he has another low lvl toon named Vindi or something?). Pyzjn being a mob you have to engage as you cannot claim the camp made me jump into action. I figure ignore the pet as I don't have enough mana to root it. I nuke, she loses 2/3 of her life, but then im just shy of enough mana for my 2nd nuke that finishes her off. I go into stabby mode and we are going back and forth. I die with her literally not having a sliver of health (didn't think about lifetap because I 2 shot her before she even casts it). While we were mellee'ing I did /say Damnit I shouldn't have wasted all my mana!" or something to that effect. I respawn around the corner where im bound and as I walk up to the corpse and Kaslto I tell him "Its kind of messed up you let me die, but its ok, she only had a rusty dagger" Anyone that has encountered me in game will tell you I do anything to help people. If I were in his position I would have taken out the pet for the other guy and it would have ended well. Obviously theres no obligation from anyone to do anything like that so im not butthurt or anything especially since she just had the dagger.

Low and behold, Kalsto hands be a GBS, im assuming to brag, and then hits TRADE! I wait a few seconds, accept, and said something like "Wow..... dude..... are you sure" And he says "I thought I could be a dick but didn't have it in me" Im blown away obviously..... shocked really... I told him how thankful I was and that I absolutely would have done the same. Hes feeling some regret at this point and says something to the effect of I doubt it and I probably shouldn't have done that. I tried to reassure him but obviously regret is a son-of-a-B! He sent me a tell from another toon later saying something similar and I tried to make him feel better but at this point im feeling bad for the guy too.

As I said earlier in the post I petitioned to see if a GM could help think of a way to somehow reward this guy, not that I was really expecting anything. I just started back to EQ less than 2 months ago after hardcore raiding from 1999-2009. Im wearing mostly cloth and gossamer but im good with the EQ economy and ive been able to buy 3 or 4 100pp caster items but outside of that I don't really have anything to give to make him feel better and lets be honest, a 100pp caster item aint going to change much. I guess I just wanted people to know about the amazing thing Kalsto did and if anyone has any recommendations on how I can show him thanks im all ears. Im sure there are some that say I should give it back to him since I couldn't kill the mob but like I said, I would have intervened and I think he did the right thing, and I don't expect ill ever get rid of this GBS. (My 70 or 75 Wiz Main from Original EQ still has his in the bank). If nothing, if anyone sees him in game tell him how great of a person he is on behalf of the EQ community!

By the way, I made some changes to chat windows and that she was piercing me which is why I assumed she had just the dagger. When I looked back at the chat I noticed she was punching me so I was seeing my own pierce messages. If I would have saw the punch messages my heart would have been pounding a lot harder....
Old 12-10-2019, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

I'm sure you'd both feel better if you promised to pay him at least 500 plat and start farming for that.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Kobold

Yea that's close to one of my thoughts. What im doing now is ive parked a Mule at the ruins and im still going back to do a night cycle here and there and if I get lucky and get another GBS drop ill be giving it to him. Realistically im going back maybe half as often and the odds aren't great but theres a chance...
Old 12-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR
Too Lazy, Don't Read?

Cool story bro....
Old 12-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You could always sell it and split the money if you are earnest...since you wouldn't have had it anyway. You would likely still gain from it by having a good story and a new friend.

When someone does you a huge favor, you either pay em back in kind or...don't. Making a half hearted attempt (as you mentioned in camping it towards the end) or asking someone else to pay back the favor are both worse than not doing anything and just moving on.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

So you're clearing the camp and working to get pyzbjaisn to spawn, finally get her, then some dude shows up and basically pressured you into engaging early and then letting you die, and not only are you cool with this, but you think hes a good guy just because he reneged on being a top tier asshole?

p99 changes people
Old 12-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I thought I could be a dick but didn't have it in me"
"Ye goodie goodies make me sick!" - Montaron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlQCRwkeB8&t=1857s
Old 12-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

was hoping there would be tips in this OP ab getting a GBS
Old 12-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Kobold

Opinion appreciated. Im pretty sure im making more of an attempt than most would and I really don't see neither of us having the GBS making sense. Im not asking for anyone to "pay back the favor" for me, but ive seen some GMs do some fun quirky stuff in the past that was memorable and helped alleviate odd situations so that was just a thought...
Old 12-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

I think you owe them nothing, but what you've already done. Make sure to pay it forward, except don't let the other person die. This is seriously Stockholm Syndrome -esque.
Closed Thread