Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Necro is immensely more powerful than mage as far as soloing goes, it's a whole different weight category, except a handful of places such as the searfuries, for instance.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Necros seem much more versatile, but other than splitting (which I guess could be overcome with root nets) are they actually able to solo better than mages in classic?
Old 09-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Mages are hands down the best DPS in classic. The pet alone does more than any melee for DPS, plus damage shield on top of that. And you can burst nuke to double your damage above that again. In downtime you can mod rod your cleric which in most situations will be a more efficient use of mana than nuking.

Mage has none of the liability of charm. I think that liability is underrated in classic, HP items are few and far between, and cleric HP buffs are quite mediocre until you get to Naltron/Resolution. No click sticks either so the risk/downtime equation of wiping is different. It won't be easy to find a 49 rez cheap.

Mage is always competitive DPS even into Kunark/Velious. They drop off on Velious raid mobs because of the large level difference between the pet and the bosses (and higher mob AC). But even then they are very strong. 30 DPS plus being worth around +1 cleric worth of mana through mod rods (due to the efficient cost/return) is OP. I'd say mages are vastly underrepresented on P99 probably because it's not a very exciting class to play. You just do pet attack, make your rods, and go AFK for 5 minutes.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:46 AM
Large Bat

so far on green beta mobs target pc's over pets regardless of threat so long as pc is within melee range.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by b11ri11an [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so far on green beta mobs target pc's over pets regardless of threat so long as pc is within melee range.
Earlier today I was on a bard grouped with an enchanter and at times the enchanter pet was holding agro over the bard in melee range.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by b11ri11an [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you talking about the mage itself or other players?
Old 10-14-2019, 09:47 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you talking about the mage itself or other players?
just the mage itself at this point.... I have not grouped yet on beta
As soon as you enter melee range you will snap agro from pet without doing a single point of damage or casting any spells
Old 10-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
just the mage itself at this point.... I have not grouped yet on beta
As soon as you enter melee range you will snap agro from pet without doing a single point of damage or casting any spells
Correct. It has been that way on blue since I can remember.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:49 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct. It has been that way on blue since I can remember.
That is how it was on live. You could not have a player in melee range with a pet and ever have the pet taking damage.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is how it was on live. You could not have a player in melee range with a pet and ever have the pet taking damage.
No doubts! I just don't like to reference live when I am not 100% certain that I am correct. Being 45 years old, the ole brain doesn't work as well. Thank you!
Closed Thread