Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrids aren't worth playing in classic. Even into Kunark/Velious they aren't worth it aside from having one in a raid for their buffs. And that's with the exp penalties removed. Sure I guess if you like the class/challenge go for it. But I'd rather be desired in groups in a social game and not be forced to grind it out slow and solo or be a charity invite.
Besides the fact that both Paladin and Shadowknight are vastly superior group tanks.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Besides the fact that both Paladin and Shadowknight are vastly superior group tanks.
You don't really need a tank in a group though. Mage pets tank just as well as any melee in classic because the gear is so bad. Probably better in fact. It's just a dead slot
Old 09-25-2019, 10:56 AM
Kobold

See I have weird thoughts on this. I'm fine with how it is if the folks spending all this time making it really want it to be that way, but if they do change it then I think that the classes that get an xp boost (warriors, rogues, etc) should get a bit of a boost to compensate.

Part of the reason the xp penalty is there is because hybrids have a lot going for them ability/spell wise, so I'd hate to see warriors and rogues become more rare than they already are.

At that point though you are starting to change a lot of things way out of classic, so it's a weird situation about where you draw the line and I think it's going to be different for just about everyone.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're missing the point. I was pointing out that the min-maxers on Classic WOW significantly changed the way that the game was played vs a vanilla experience - and part of this change has caused many classes to be excluded in order to ensure maximal xp/hour gain.
People figured it out way before classic WOW came out. I played on Tholuxe in 2000 or so, early Kunark. By then there were next to no hybrids on a new server. No one was going to invest in a weak class. The ratio of warrior: pal, warrior: SK, warrior: ranger was about 20:1. I did find it curious that warrior was relatively popular.

The fix later on in POP era (maybe late Luclin era?) was a pretty good one, much higher exp bonuses for grouping. It killed solo and small group aside from farming but IMO that wasn't a bad thing.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't really need a tank in a group though. Mage pets tank just as well as any melee in classic because the gear is so bad. Probably better in fact. It's just a dead slot
Are we talking low to mid level?
Also, if you're leaving tanks out of groups while leveling, have fun on raids.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hybrids aren't worth playing in classic. Even into Kunark/Velious they aren't worth it aside from having one in a raid for their buffs. And that's with the exp penalties removed. Sure I guess if you like the class/challenge go for it. But I'd rather be desired in groups in a social game and not be forced to grind it out slow and solo or be a charity invite.
Hybrids are a blast to play. "Even into Kunark/Velious they aren't worth playing except for buffs". That's terrible man.. They are a blast to play, and that is reason alone to play them..

Some people just love the enjoyment of leveling and adventuring a character and they are perfect for that. Some folks don't enjoy the level 60 life.. We all play EQ for different reasons.. Min/Max, Adventures, Friends, Nostalgia, Quests, Pixels, Lore..

But common- Saying they aren't worth it? That's a bit too much man..
Old 09-25-2019, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are we talking low to mid level?
Also, if you're leaving tanks out of groups while leveling, have fun on raids.
Even Nagafen/Vox can be done with a small army of Mage/Necro pets. If your pet dies you just resummon. 10s recast and you can make several on a full mana bar. I don't see any content in classic that would require a tank class.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Even Nagafen/Vox can be done with a small army of Mage/Necro pets. If your pet dies you just resummon. 10s recast and you can make several on a full mana bar. I don't see any content in classic that would require a tank class.
Am I back in the Wow Classic forums?
Old 09-25-2019, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is terrible man.. This is how the new server is gonna be? Just a buncha people who played way to much and now prefer full groups of 2 classes, and only 2 classes cause that's all that is required during classic?? That's really sad..
Old 09-25-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is terrible man.. This is how the new server is gonna be? Just a buncha people who played way to much and now prefer full groups of 2 classes, and only 2 classes cause that's all that is required during classic?? That's really sad..
There will definitely be people like that. I think they will be the minority though. At least, I really hope they will.
Closed Thread