Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

pretty dank gif swish

Must say that p99 has been enough EQ for me. The only addiction remaining is FQ.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

So my attitude towards this server has made a complete 180 since I started boxing/grouping.

I wanted to do a weird combo, so decided on bard as my main, and shaman as my alt. That way I figure I can always start a group with heals/CC, will just need any one to tank (or a pet.)

After one night of XPing, got to lvl 7. I think I've figured out how the server calculates XP. it seems that, regardless of if you are in a group or not, you'll get the same XP rate (say of 1% per even con mob.)

As such, it 100% doesn't make sense to solo as faster kills are what your after, not more XP from a single mob.

I'm playing on Darksinga (bard) and Tavadon (shaman) send me a tell in game if you need anything or want to group.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone still playing here? I'm 27 on my bard and 18 on my ranger. Kinda lvling slow but I'm having fun!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Kobold

I am, just dinged 50 on my alt wizzie
Old 01-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Like the server, like the ideas behind it, as far as instancing and such.
Like the little things I miss here, like spell sets, targeting rings, etc.

Experience sucks big time. Double exp weekend, took me 6+ hours to get to level 5, soloing as dwarf cleric.

Now that double exp is over, not sure I can maintain the motivation to grind to 10+
Old 01-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like the server, like the ideas behind it, as far as instancing and such.
Like the little things I miss here, like spell sets, targeting rings, etc.

Experience sucks big time. Double exp weekend, took me 6+ hours to get to level 5, soloing as dwarf cleric.

Now that double exp is over, not sure I can maintain the motivation to grind to 10+
Dont solo. period. You wasted the entire double xp period if you were soloing. XP here is set up so full groups get as much xp per kill as someone soloing, if you are soloing you are completely wasting your time if leveling is your goal. Get in a nice group in crushbone, unrest, guk, etc and the xp is ridiculous. In the time you took to get from 1-5 you could have gotten to lvl 15 in a group pretty easily. Again, dont solo, especially as one of the worst solo classes in the game and complain its slow.

ps...there are low level groups on orc hill and other places. just invite random people if nothing else. thats what we did on launch and it worked fine.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

people weren't exactly beating down my door to group up with a level 3 cleric.
maybe it gets better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people weren't exactly beating down my door to group up with a level 3 cleric.
maybe it gets better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just invite random other newbies. pretty sure my first bat beatdown group was a couple casters and a bunch of melee, i dont think there was a healer at all. once you get to 3 you should be ablke to get a group on orc hill and then work that til 7 or 8 and hit crushbone outside the castle for a few levels and then head to unrest til late 30's
Old 01-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Phinnys not classic, but not nearly as bad as Fippy (with the defiant gear/super not classic) or regular live by a long shot. Will probably sink a few hours into this one with the way its looking.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Banned

I'm 44 monk now - really enjoying my time there so far. Got Cloak of Shadows, FBSS, and im currently in OOT camping seafuries for J boots. Good times!

In March Kunark hits, so we will have 6 months of Kunark/Velious. So you basically have until August/September to get to 60 if you want to power into Luclin.

Instanced raids, no corpse runs, balance changes/upgrades to all classes, a hardy XP curve instead of EZ server XP rates - all good things happening on Phinny right now
Closed Thread