Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah people don't realize how heavy the misogyny was in the first 2-3 seasons.

Its use of sex for supposition was highly controversial. My sister quit watching it because she got busy irl, but this was cited as an aside.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

For dark? I'm not talking about that or any social justice issues. I mean like torture and murder, even mass murder. The cruelty of the show deepens with every season. I wouldn't let children watch it, it's desensitizing.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaosfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol

Medievil themed soap operas. Floppy weiners in every episode.

Kind of funny they make this drive,l but won't create a real Dungeons & Dragons movie even though that is the foundation of all the midevil movies and shows we have today. Every one is entitled to their opinion. Glad your liking it

https://youtu.be/XjzC2DRgEo4
https://youtu.be/3SnA2rv4ros

You're welcome
Old 10-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For dark? I'm not talking about that or any social justice issues. I mean like torture and murder, even mass murder. The cruelty of the show deepens with every season. I wouldn't let children watch it, it's desensitizing.
Yeah, that is how I understood it ^^ I already almost had to turn it off a few times and regularly turn down volume at parts I feel are going to get nasty. Tbh, the gore is just plain gross, but the implied violence and intent is equally disturbing. And by mysogyny I'm not making light of the word I'm talking about the portrayal of women as property and matter-of-fact presentation of rape. It is a dark world and makes me thankful I do not live in the tenth century, because aside from the lack of magic, would not have been all that far off.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that is how I understood it ^^ I already almost had to turn it off a few times and regularly turn down volume at parts I feel are going to get nasty. Tbh, the gore is just plain gross, but the implied violence and intent is equally disturbing. And by mysogyny I'm not making light of the word I'm talking about the portrayal of women as property and matter-of-fact presentation of rape. It is a dark world and makes me thankful I do not live in the tenth century, because aside from the lack of magic, would not have been all that far off.
Oh you did mention misogyny, I thought AtG brought it up after I mentioned it growing darker by each season. By the end of the op I was processing the gore of it, while the mention of the other slipped my mind since I don't see that as an issue in the show so much. Well apart from in taverns, ya know? I mean in comparison to men outside of the taverns, everyone is pretty pretty much property out there. The other side of the wall is the only exception.

As for historical value, or how cultures once were, accuracy is about = 0. In a lot of ways, this fits more of modern culture than it does of culture in the 10'th century. And also depending on what part of the 10th century world, where as many parts of our modern world are much worse today than what GoT creates in it's fantasy world. It's purposely made that way, I could tell you the conspiracy theory of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (which has some merit actually).

But apart from starting in on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...as for magic, you just haven't gotten far enough into the series yet. Such as the red witch, or the faceless, or the little druid midget thingies. Even the white walkers. Actually it gets pretty heavy into mysticism and such things.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Booooo! I just made it through episode 6 (or or maybe it was 7?) last night and am aghast the treachery of Lord Balish. He seemed like a weasely turd lacking in conscience before, but super unhappy now. Definitely made a calculated decision, so can't fault that, but still going to levy a heavy amount of blame on him for the fallout. The rest of the blame of course goes to Lady Stark :c Oh my gosh! What was she thinking!? (or not thinking?). Oh! And Renily! Wtf? I guess the more I think about it the entire situation couldn't have really been any shittier. Oh well.

I will say though, that aside from Tyrion being the only "good" Lanister, the um, forget his name, Grandpa Lanister is respectable and to me seems most fit to be king. He's smart and strong, but reasonable. Unfortunately he has an unwavering love for his shitty family. Oh well.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Banned

This meme pretty much sums up the first 6 seasons
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOT.jpg (82.9 KB, 48 views)
Old 10-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This meme pretty much sums up the first 6 seasons
Yeah, GoT first wiener last night. Didn't seem gay, but wasn't particularly praiseworthy either. Looked broken and underfed. I don't remember any wieners from season 2. Oh, no wait, was double wiener last night. Forgot about the second one cause was so far away. The directors sure aren't shy about showing naked ugly people though. Lots of sad boobs too :/
Old 10-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Banned

There was NICE weiner in the latest season, swear that boy was underage
Old 10-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... Hodor?
HOLD THE DOOR!
Closed Thread