Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Default yet another steam sale until nov 1

Looks like the biggest one since the summer sale. I just got some last week, so only dropped in a $20 for this sale. Having a hard time deciding though..

Some ones I'd recommend that are on sale: (links are all trailers)
The Long Dark.
Pinball FX2 plants vs zombies table (that ones excellent - medium difficulty table) and the walking dead table, those on sale like 75 cents each. The FX2 game is free, just the tables they charge for.
Orcs Must Die is on sale for a first person TD game. OMD2 has multi-player, but I haven't played it.
Uplink >.> It's also in the Introversion Complete Pack on sale. I have all three games but got them separately (Uplink yeeeears ago), only just got DEFCON today though I've played it before. Don't ever bother with Uplink mobile unless you have a tablet. It's nice on my tablet, but on my cell it's an unreadable PC port.

So far I've only picked up the walking dead table and DEFCON. I wouldn't have gotten DEFCON, but I just saw a really good mod for it called DEFCON Modern Warfare (no trailer vid, only a multiplayer game) which brings the glorious mutually assured destruction to the modern scenarios and tech. Oh and picked up RavenSword, only because I have the Android version which is actually pretty good on that platform, PC a little clunky they say. But I said why not PC since it's 69 cents on sale, it's still playable.

The conundrum is I'm loading these onto my laptop, which is a dual core running an intel HD 4000. Not too bad, plays Skyrim, but some new stuff is a bit much for it.

I'm mainly looking for a couple or few strategy games. I almost picked up Galactic Civilizations III, it's 50% off atm, ah but decided not to. Mainly because the battles are a bit generic, most just turn it off. If I were buying more than one game right now, I'd might get it. But I'll just wait until it goes on sale again since I want something with a little more action right now.

But what I am looking at is:
Space Pirates and Zombies. Great looking game but it doesn't have twin-stick control. II is a little heavy for my lappy.

AI War: Fleet Command. I downloaded the demo, played part of the tutorial, looks promising. Bundle is on sale too, prolly what I'd get if I decide on that one. Looks fully mouse driven too, a bonus, so I can smash beetles in one hand and eat pizza with the other.

Plague Inc: Evolved. No demo, but watched some vids. It doesn't have any combat action, but the map play looks pretty smart and fast. I can trigger the zombie apocalypse! That one is probably at the top of the list, close to AI War. I bet AtG has this game, maybe mobile.

Auralux: Constellations. This one just released, I've played the Android version and liked it, this isn't a port. It's almost abstract and has some groovy-space lights and sound/music.

The Last Federation. A little unique being turn based action space shooter semi-4x or something something.

Any tips on these games? Or some other suggestions on sale in the low range? It's always nice buying like $100 worth in games for like $15 lol

But man, there are like pages and pages and pages and pages of stuff on sale. You buy anything off this sale? I think my SSD is going to barf from all the gluttony there.
Last edited by Daywolf; 10-30-2016 at 12:46 AM..
Old 10-30-2016, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

Dead by daylight on sale, good game.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Risk of rain is kinda fun if you haven't played that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 10-30-2016, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dead by daylight on sale, good game.
Ah way beyond what my lappy can take. But interesting looking game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Risk of rain is kinda fun if you haven't played that yet.
Yeah I haven't played it. I'm lacking platformers too right now. I put it in my bookmarks, it'll likely go on sale sometime. I have like one platformer installed atm, and that's super mario on my emu.

Oh here is one I totally forgot to list, was reminded seeing that platformer.
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
It's on sale right now too, for $2.49. I've had the android version since launch, and this is a port to PC etc. I've been thinking of getting the PC version, really good RPG game, but I can always just run it in an android emulator.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure if it made the sale but try Catlateral Damage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Could be Brexit but the sale prices here arent exactly great this time around. Still waiting for xcom 2 to drop to something affordable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2016, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if it made the sale but try Catlateral Damage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Could be Brexit but the sale prices here arent exactly great this time around. Still waiting for xcom 2 to drop to something affordable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah xcom 2 is on sale, but only at 45%. It'll probably be a while before it hits 50-75%.
Meow? Woof Woof! No WolfQuest on sale yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But there be cats, eh? hehe
Old 10-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Goat simulator.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:12 PM
Banned

Xcom 2 is crap. Risk of Rain is crap. Fuck your steam sale, make a post to tell me when you encounter a good game finally in this awful desert.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xcom 2 is crap. Risk of Rain is crap. Fuck your steam sale, make a post to tell me when you encounter a good game finally in this awful desert.
Good games go on sale too you know. I guess just depends on what you think is good for you. My top recommendation is still the long dark, but really for people that are outdoorsy, which is me bigtime with my many many trail boots worn out. But still a niche game.

Really, imo best games are the ones you can mod or find lots of mods for. Or even games where you just build your own thing like portal 2, minecraft or Gary's mod. Heck, just a game engine with basic game functions you can drop in - is loads of fun haha.

But yeah, if most mmo's didn't crash and burn with all this f2p junk that targets a few weak people for their big money, then I could go back to being happy ignoring most other genres.

btw picked up Plague inc, which was inevitable. Oddly the tutorial wouldn't work, was stuck on a pop-up window, but the regular game worked fine while not hard to figure out. First game went really well, was nice. Ravensword worked fine too, they must have cleaned it up some. Even more so reminds me of elder scrolls now that I have it running on a regular computer rather than on my tablet. Feels a lot like morrowind, but not the same environment.
Last edited by Daywolf; 10-30-2016 at 03:49 PM..
Old 10-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Plague Inc has a clone on the app store and for android, its free ^^
Closed Thread