Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Loved this game, rest in peace my fav LS Taruhullabaloo
Old 11-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool to see this. Only game Ive ever preordered. Barely played it, looking at these pics make me wanna try it again. Its still Live? Still super grindy?
It's still live technically, I think I reinstalled last year to see if anyone was still around from way back in the day but Ramuh was a ghost town.

It puts EQ to shame with how grindy it is, at least release through the first expac when I played. Solo wasn't an option after lv10 ish, unless you played a beastmaster job.

With how the job/class system works you needed to keep switching and leveling your secondary jobs to keep up with the main one, if your subjob wasn't the max level it could be you had a harder time getting groups.

Example making a Thief/Ninja, was best choice back then though some went Thief/War:

- level monk to 15, unlock subjobs
- reroll warrior, level to 30, unlock adv jobs
- reroll ninja, level to 37
- reroll thief, finally play the job you wanted!

Inventory space is a prob so most likely selling all your gear as you switch jobs. All that leveling required groups and often those could take hours to find, which made you want to play for many more hours to not waste your time. You had to find a replacement before you could leave a group and wait for them to show up less you get blacklisted.

Could go on and on, still loved the game and it had the best community I've ever found, but the grind drained my soul and had to quit in the 50s
Last edited by Wiley; 11-26-2016 at 12:25 PM..
Old 11-26-2016, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

some better pics of the models here, they did hold up well.

that grind sounds intense. is this the ultimate wheelchair disability game?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's still live technically, I think I reinstalled last year to see if anyone was still around from way back in the day but Ramuh was a ghost town.

It puts EQ to shame with how grindy it is, at least release through the first expac when I played. Solo wasn't an option after lv10 ish, unless you played a beastmaster job.

With how the job/class system works you needed to keep switching and leveling your secondary jobs to keep up with the main one, if your subjob wasn't the max level it could be you had a harder time getting groups.

Example making a Thief/Ninja, was best choice back then though some went Thief/War:

Inventory space is a prob so most likely selling all your gear as you switch jobs. All that leveling required groups and often those could take hours to find, which made you want to play for many more hours to not waste your time. You had to find a replacement before you could leave a group and wait for them to show up less you get blacklisted.

Could go on and on, still loved the game and it had the best community I've ever found, but the grind drained my soul and had to quit in the 50s
Yeah that emu is easier than live in that solo is pretty easy even after level 10. I was soloing almost even cons up into the 20s. Monk pretty beast mode. I started thief and switched was amazed how much stronger I was as monk.

Didn't play live, but the grind level on that emu doesn't touch EQ. You can pretty much solo to 20 in a couple days if you don't suck and play a lot.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Banned

Angry

Sry I was mean to u in another thread at a different time r Flair
Old 11-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

what size wheelchair u eyeing melon? I picture u as a dress size 12.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 11-26-2016 at 05:54 PM..
Old 11-27-2016, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am adventuring on the Nasomi emulator :3 It is locked only a few espansions in I think. I never played before, so not sure. Angush could answer your questions.
Cool, kinda like a P99 of FFXI then. You find any groups or people multibox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for the info, that sounds pretty extreme but I can see the appeal. The blacklisting thing a particular for the japanese or just a community thing that came to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that emu is easier than live in that solo is pretty easy even after level 10. I was soloing almost even cons up into the 20s. Monk pretty beast mode. I started thief and switched was amazed how much stronger I was as monk.

Didn't play live, but the grind level on that emu doesn't touch EQ. You can pretty much solo to 20 in a couple days if you don't suck and play a lot.
Ok so you level faster on the FFXI emu server than here on P99?
Old 11-27-2016, 12:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info, that sounds pretty extreme but I can see the appeal. The blacklisting thing a particular for the japanese or just a community thing that came to be?

Ok so you level faster on the FFXI emu server than here on P99?
Was pretty much everyone blacklisting you, kinda how eqlive did with ninja looters and people doing other such lame things. Most Japanese players wouldn't even group with NA players for a good while, they had a 1 year headstart.

I'm probably wrong on how bad the grind was, it's way worse in my mind but that could be all the rerolling. Which you didn't need to do but I'm at altaholic so I didn't break lv50+ for almost 2 years
Old 11-27-2016, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

leveling is not so bad. It is slow, but gameplay is engaging enough that it is still fun. I am not interested in going hard enough to need a wheelchair. I like to take my time and enjoy the ride. You can get in deeper and really have more fum that way without tiring too quickly. Didn't get much more playtime this weekend, but will post some updates tomorrow if I can ^^
Old 11-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Banned

Yearning for dank rp updates
Closed Thread