Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so you level faster on the FFXI emu server than here on P99?
Quite a bit faster, and easier to solo. You can go 1 through 5 in about 1-2 hours grinding mobs outside gates of your city. I think it took me 3 days to hit level 20 as a monk.

Personally i found combat to be super boring. It was like someone played EQ, and then said, "woah this is too fast. lets scale it back to 1/4th the speed and remove 90% of the abilities." Then they made run speed equal to about that of a one legged fat kid on crutches.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally i found combat to be super boring. It was like someone played EQ, and then said, "woah this is too fast. lets scale it back to 1/4th the speed and remove 90% of the abilities." Then they made run speed equal to about that of a one legged fat kid on crutches.
I loved the slow combat, made landing trick/sneak attacks on my thief feel like they really had weight to them.

In contrast something like black desert where you can mash your keys and everything around you dies almost instantly
Old 11-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Kobold

only thing i didn't like about that game was the reuse of mobs, seemed like every 10 levels you were fighting the same types all over again. Crabs in the newbie area, crabs in qifim quifim.. crabs in a 40's zone.. crabs crabs crabs. or Crawlers, or bees, or goblins.. over and over again
Old 11-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I loved the slow combat, made landing trick/sneak attacks on my thief feel like they really had weight to them.

In contrast something like black desert where you can mash your keys and everything around you dies almost instantly
I think there's a happy medium between mindless spamming and molasses.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crabs in the newbie area, crabs in qifim quifim.. crabs in a 40's zone.. crabs crabs crabs.
Sounds itchy!
Im gonna give it a try someday now that it has resurfaced into my knowledge. Last FF game I had interest in, didnt really give it a go. Thanks for the informative posts fellas.
Closed Thread