Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bonkers are you streaming my csgo carrying without my consent?? turd
no

i had to think about it myself what he meant by shooty games but i think it was mass effect a few weekends ago cause all i've streamed for like the past 2 weeks was autochess
Old 02-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh gosh melon stomping is so gosh darn cute
*bows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not complaining about slavery though. I support my children, and am actively Rising anyways.

I'm not the one crying about an unjust system whilst refusing to even participate in the system, as some of your comrades here like to do. If I can overcome a net drag of 33% and STILL increase my personal wealth and rise out of destitution, then surely someone with no kids and 0% efficiency drag can, yeah? It's not like I'm doing this on some above-market niche salary. 45k/year is pretty much average across the country for someone in their mid-30s.
All that is highly commendable and I think you're doing a great job. you just seem very bitter and I'd hate for that to blind you to the lessons from your ex. I've seen too many beautiful people devoured by bitterness and it saddens me. Keep rising, don't stop learning.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a person quits smoking and puts that money (200/month) into the nasdaq top 100 (QQQ) in 10 years you will have 200,000 using the historical trend of the nasdaq 100 over the life of the subindex.

Thats enough to buy a house in several states in the US, or make a down payment on a house in most major metros, if not buying half the house.
Every high school should teach civics and basic accounting with an emphasis on budgets and personal savings

Also good post, it gave me an erection
Old 02-06-2019, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
So, today on the way to work, the 2013 Prius V company car that the owner was letting me use full time took a shit, pretty sure the hybrid battery just took a dive, and it was diagnosed with a minor head gasket leak that was quoted at nearly 70% of the car's blue book value a month or so ago, which was then sealed, so the boss isn't going to invest the 4 to 5gs mechanics are quoting to repair it with a new engine since they essentially make the head in a 3rd gen Prius have so little room for machining that it's essentially a coin flip on whether or not you can do a head gasket repair without finding out you have to replace the entire head.

This puts me in a position where I'm going to need to get another vehicle, but my girlfriend and I were talking about getting a 7 seater soon anyhow.

Now, with her car still having 7k on the loan payable over the next 3 years we're at a crossroads.

Your average american would run out and finance a car at this point and cripple their ability to continue investing.

Here's what Throndor's going to do. Since we already have a reliable car financed with under 50,000 miles, the need for a significantly reliable car for basic transportation needs is somewhat diminished.

Instead of running out and financing another car and putting myself in a position to where I cannot continue funnelling cash into the long term investments, coupled with the fact that I'm fairly apt at doing routine repairs such as dropping a new starter in, replacing a fuel pump/water pump, replacing a thermostat, replacing spark plugs n wires, new hoses/flanges etc, I'm just going to buy a late 90s early 00's Chevy Suburban that seats 7 for about 3 grand and deal with the light maintenance issues as they arrive.

Worst case scenario if the motor or tranny takes a dive, its going to run me about 1200 to do a major part procurement, and given the increased accessibility and lesser amount of sensors in an older truck, the shop hours for cherry picking and dropping a new motor/transmission into it at some point in the future are fairly manageable.

Anyhow, wish me luck folks.
*pats head and scritches ears* You're a good boy Throndor! You're a good boy!
Closed Thread