Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Default End game gear setup for a warrior to maximize dps

Assume you have the capacity to obtain end game gear and for PvE you can sacrifice hp and resists to absolutely maximize dps as you are not tanking, what is the optimum dps setup for a warrior for raid mobs and what discipline is best? Has anyone tested them?
Old 02-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Large Bat

Educated statement- No Testing. Offensive disc with max Str and atk/wolf buffs going. Best 2hander. Offensive disc because it's the longest. I'm assuming you are asking for Velious. (Obviously the choice is different if its a quick fight)
Edit: I meant Aggressive. I was thinking Defensive vs Offensive- not Aggressive, oops!
Last edited by Jogo; 02-04-2015 at 03:41 PM..
Old 02-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't care about HP/resists it is super easy to max the relevant DPS stats with random gear to max str/dex

Throw in:

Any 41% haste item

Aura of Battle Items for +10 attack each:
Belt of Dwarfslaying / Belt of the Great Turtle
Silver Mask of the Slayer
Pauldrons of Ferocity
Chestplate of Vindication

Buffs:
Visions of Grandeur
Boon of Garou

Two hander:
Palladius' Axe of Slaughter (post-upgrade) 51 dmg, 42 dly

One handers:
Jaelen's Katana 14 dmg, 19 dly
Claw of Lightning 14 dmg, 18 dly
Old 02-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Banned

If you're fighting an end game kunark mob and won't end up taking damage, duel someone to sink to zerker rage, use a 2hander, get your STR maxed, DEX maxed, ATK as high as it can go, any illusion you can get (borrow an AoN if you have to), and then hit mighty strikes discipline for max gains.

I would be interested to see parses of a level 60, epic'd, geared warrior using different offensive discs on a raid target to calculate what was better. Mighty strike in zerker? Fellstrike for a kunark mob? or do they last long enough for Aggressive Disc to pay out?

I have accidentally hit Precision Disc when tanking Chardok royals and out-dpsed our top rogue by 20% or so. Warrior DPS is the real deal.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't care about HP/resists it is super easy to max the relevant DPS stats with random gear to max str/dex

Throw in:

Any 41% haste item

Aura of Battle Items for +10 attack each:
Belt of Dwarfslaying / Belt of the Great Turtle
Silver Mask of the Slayer
Pauldrons of Ferocity
Chestplate of Vindication

Buffs:
Visions of Grandeur
Boon of Garou

Two hander:
Palladius' Axe of Slaughter (post-upgrade) 51 dmg, 42 dly

One handers:
Jaelen's Katana 14 dmg, 19 dly
Claw of Lightning 14 dmg, 18 dly
Avatar and Boon of the Garou shouldn't stack. Don't forget Strength of Nature and Predator on buffs. Baton of Flame might* outdamage Jaelen's.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Ele sleeping on dat boot AC for big kicks.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

If the mob has no AE that does damage, duel someone to get in zerker, use a 2her, and use Precision disc.

If the mob has an AE that does damage, Warding Star + OH epic (assuming you don't have epics BotGDE, SCD, or EotN are probably the best substitutes) and use Precision.

For gear you can get a bunch of +dex from the Blazing pieces and by using different jewelry. Strength is pretty easily capped. Now that you are not tanking though, you'll rely more on resists as you don't have a dedicated healer.

For buffs, if you can, get Avatar, Bard epic proc, VoG, wolf form, etc.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SCD
I get the other abbreviations but not this one?? I looked up names, the closest I came was the SDC from Fear which makes no sense to me.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the other abbreviations but not this one?? I looked up names, the closest I came was the SDC from Fear which makes no sense to me.
Sebilite Croaking Dirk
Old 02-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sebilite Croaking Dirk
Gotcha, thanks! I was looking at 1hb and 1hs lists since I figured piercing capped lower for warriors (right?)
Closed Thread