Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 11:41 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Set compatibility on eqgame.exe to XP SP2 (or SP3).

-Mcoy
Coming back to this thread because I followed your advice as previously stated and it didn't work BUT I changed the setting on the wrong executable, I had set Everquest.exe to compatibility modes, which of course did nothing. After paying attention and following your advice I am not getting crashes on camping now. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

VPN worked wonders from me, went from always crashing on logging out... crashing 20 times before I could get in to zoning 100 times before crashing!
Old 02-02-2020, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

FYI, Swish, and anyone about the camp timer, if you camp, and crash after the camp timer ends, your not out of the game. You then are logged out a bit longer then if you had /quit from the point of the crash. Its like your logout is you losing connection ;D
Old 02-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Usually people are pretty helpful with this sort of thing. Perhaps consider joining a guild, that way you can have some steady contact with the person helping to transfer.

I had someone recently just randomly come up to me in EC tunnel, hand me a Robe of the Oracle, and ask me to transfer it. Never talked to the person in my life. But I guess my dwarf has an honest face. He logged back on and I gave him the robe, no other words exchanged.

Of course back in the day on live around 2002/03, I gave a friend the gear from my ranger since I wasn't playing anymore. He tried to ground transfer the stuff to another character, and proceeded to lose all of it lol. It was an Iksar ceremonial breastplate, two lamentations, and quite a bit of other fairly high end gear. So be warned!
Closed Thread