Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-20-2023, 02:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
form a group yourself
You might as well ask me to stop the sun from rising. Leadership is just not something I'm capable of. I don't have the confidence, the connections, or the proper game knowledge to form or lead a group.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to feel like a winner at something in my life, that's all.
Meant with all sincerity and respect:
It sounds like you have an issue out-of-game that could use addressing. Depression or burnout or something similar.

You may need to work on things outside EQ first.
Old 02-20-2023, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might as well ask me to stop the sun from rising. Leadership is just not something I'm capable of. I don't have the confidence, the connections, or the proper game knowledge to form or lead a group.
wat lol
Old 02-20-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Ok...then level a cleric AND a wizard. Get your group fun when you want to or sit in a dark corner someplace burning a single spawn down (or quadding).

You know you can have more than one character, right? Try leveling a ranger without a fungi to 60 and then let me know how you think a solo wizard is.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:56 PM
Kobold

There is a guild out there for OP.
It’s called Dial-A-Port
Old 02-20-2023, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a guild out there for OP.
It’s called Dial-A-Port
Yeah honestly, best bet is to tag up DAP, bind at Hammer Hill, and get going on that port money. Buy your upgrades. Rejoice.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah honestly, best bet is to tag up DAP, bind at Hammer Hill, and get going on that port money. Buy your upgrades. Rejoice.
Don’t have the confidence to invite people to be ported or ask people to buy their items.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-22-2023, 06:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t have the confidence to invite people to be ported or ask people to buy their items.

Lmao. Legit thought that was OP for a second. I thought, “this fucking guy…” [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2023, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play a main wiz on both Blue and on Green. Honestly, it's all about attitude. If you project a positive outlook on the game, you will actually get into a group, form a group yourself, because as a wizard YOU have the ability to pick up folks everywhere, and then enjoy the group experience. I actually mainly grouped on my blue wizard (Kunark) in Unrest, MM, Lguk, and Seb. If I couldn't find a group at all, I did some singles or quadding. The only real soloing I did purposely was quadding Bloodgills and Raptors because I really wanted to get to 60 as quickly as possible. Again, this was pre-Velious.

About your epic, you will absolutely need a guild. I can't stress this enough. And it will take time, possibly YEARS. I had to wait forever to get VS pre-nerf when the staff was super rare. There were alts getting it before I did as a WIZ MAIN. So yes, you have to be ultra patient in this game to achieve your goals, especially if you want to be an epic'd wiz with high-end gear, i.e., Seb, VP, ToV items.

About plat, I can tell you what I did but it might not translate the same. I did something that AFAIK no other wizard did -- I became a JC'er! All of my initial funding was through JC. It took me one day to do 1-202, and then about 3 weeks to hit 250. At that point I was gearing up folks with full resists sets. I actually never purchased a significant item to wear. My gear was all quested or DKP through my guild. All my plat funds went into other trades which I eventually maxed out or have come very close (baking, pottery, tailoring almost 200). I wanted to be able to do the Shawl Quest right away when it came out, which it did. I also farmed all the pp camps that were common back then. I farmed so many skins, pelts, I can't even tell you how many I got. As an Erudite, I am also a Cultural Tailor, and have made many folks full sets of Steelsilk visible armor. If you want serious dedication, roll an Erudite and start farming Terrorantula Silks. There is nothing more grueling than that! This is coming from someone who took 120 hour to do PS!! That's nothing compared to farming the giant spider silks.

I can tell you I had fun at every point because I knew what I wanted my identity to be (as you referenced earlier). I knew I was choosing a unique path, but that path was solely mine and I relish it to this day. So, find your own path, make it your own, and have fun doing it!
Best post I've seen in a long time in this forum. I love your perspective and you're making me miss my wizard in blue!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-23-2023, 03:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao. Legit thought that was OP for a second. I thought, “this fucking guy…” [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That post was a bit mean of me - sorry Tadkins! I do enjoy your threads and posts!

What have you been up to recently?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung