Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totekk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Test from the start until eventually quitting (GoD release?). I played on the Test Center shard on Ultima Online and it just sort of carried over to EQ when it released.

The wipe was rough, but also sort of bracing for most of the community. Lot of casters came together to gear up melees etc.

Good to see another Test refugee =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Test server had 150 players on it and we were all super special.

Bertox had a guild of only necromancers. And was one of the more overpopulated servers.
What were you guy's main characters? I was the first level 50 on test server? Can you guess my name? Big hint: it's awfully close to the name on this forum.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:30 AM
Sarnak

I was on VallonZek (PvP server), it was a 'teams' ruleset, but mostly people played Light'v'dark.

GFay was the trading zone for the light races too. Much better than the tunnel really with access to a Bank.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What were you guy's main characters? I was the first level 50 on test server? Can you guess my name? Big hint: it's awfully close to the name on this forum.
My main was Valaman a DE cleric, who'm I raided GoD, OoW, some sporadically up till TSS. Then I had Xurlibik a gnome wizard who only saw a little PoP. Early on I rerolled Dimmak, Xurlibik. And Flayzernax names over and over and I don't think I tried to hit 50 until after/testbuff when I finally got picked up by some guild with wolves in the name and the guild leader lived in Texas or NV with his wife, I think they moved?, who'm I grouped with lots. Plus the only other persons I remember was a necromancer who eventually hated me for being such a child. A mage I was best bros with. But can't remember. And a druid named Spyder I probably had a crush on. There were a pally and sham I grpd with a bunch. And a bunch more interesting people I vaguely remember. One guy used to box a dwarf main and like 10-12 other characters on his own mini raids.. some halfling druid I followed around a lot who begrudgingly tolerated me.. There was two guilds with a pretty good rivalry, I was not in primal brood or whatever it was.

I was in The Ministry of Anarchy or choas or whatever until I got kicked out and pretty much permabanned, shunned from Berlin.

I think I used to talk to a wizard, necro friend duo from Prophecy a lot.

Yall probably don't remember me, but I remember these half elves humping, bumping xurlibik up against the walls lol. I was that wizard who nuked first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2021, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My main was Valaman a DE cleric, who'm I raided GoD, OoW, some sporadically up till TSS. Then I had Xurlibik a gnome wizard who only saw a little PoP. Early on I rerolled Dimmak, Xurlibik. And Flayzernax names over and over and I don't think I tried to hit 50 until after/testbuff when I finally got picked up by some guild with wolves in the name and the guild leader lived in Texas or NV with his wife, I think they moved?, who'm I grouped with lots. Plus the only other persons I remember was a necromancer who eventually hated me for being such a child. A mage I was best bros with. But can't remember. And a druid named Spyder I probably had a crush on. There were a pally and sham I grpd with a bunch. And a bunch more interesting people I vaguely remember. One guy used to box a dwarf main and like 10-12 other characters on his own mini raids.. some halfling druid I followed around a lot who begrudgingly tolerated me.. There was two guilds with a pretty good rivalry, I was not in primal brood or whatever it was.

I was in The Ministry of Anarchy or choas or whatever until I got kicked out and pretty much permabanned, shunned from Berlin.

I think I used to talk to a wizard, necro friend duo from Prophecy a lot.

Yall probably don't remember me, but I remember these half elves humping, bumping xurlibik up against the walls lol. I was that wizard who nuked first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh there was a bard who couldn't stand me either and was like never talk to me again.

I think back on test I was about 10x more crazy than even the craziest players here in regular RnF.

I remember a ton of ppl just not their names at all.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:47 AM
Banned

*bertox not berlin.

After that I kinda just migrated to test permanently but I was actually busy soldiering irl. Eventually I got out and just drunkenly played EQ.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Veeshan.
We had the top guild in game.
We had an all Swedish guild.
Our trading zone was North Freeport, easy to get faction, evil races sat in the sewers and every yard, roof and wall was filled with vendors.
EC tunnel is trash
Old 04-09-2021, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismaticshop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I remember seeing my first carmine robe, I was 11 years old and seriously impressed).
The first time I saw Lambent armor in the game I immediately re-rolled as a Bard. To my child-mind that goofy looking bright blue armor was arguably the coolest thing in the entire game and I was kicking myself for not making a Bard from the start. Of course I didn't have the attention span to actually level a character passed level 10 before re-rolling.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on VallonZek (PvP server), it was a 'teams' ruleset, but mostly people played Light'v'dark.

GFay was the trading zone for the light races too. Much better than the tunnel really with access to a Bank.
I played on Tallon... if I recall the factions was small races - elves - evil races - hum, bar, erudite?

I was a gnome myself, and I remember these insane battles at the zone lines to and from LFAY. Dozens if not hundreds of gnomes and elves slaying each other. It was the most exciting thing I had ever seen, I remember screaming the first time I killed someone.

Gnomes were actually kind of OP too in the early stages of that game because think about it, we had scarab armor and a monopoly on the minotaur axes. Mino axe might seem like a bad item in 2021, but against a non-twink, you are literally one shotting people with that thing.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got full Skyshrine and my Epic while guildless during a time period where the items were still BIS (although at that time people considered Kael to be better than SS).
There is no point during the EQ timeline in which Full Skyshrine is BiS for any class.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:41 AM
Banned

We should make a peaceful server. We're u like hail mobs and gain their faction and you can trade items to npcs to get quest drops.

So u would start out at lvl 60 but u would do like fishing and begging and pottery to vendor dive for stuff like rat ears, and like Vulak would like pixie sticks for his loots.

Auto attack would be disabled.
Closed Thread