Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Banned

Default Why is TMO allowed to raid stall?

For well over a year now TMO has been stalling raid encounters so that they get FTE on mobs while allowing for the maximum amount of time for their raid force to log-on.

They've been caught and punished more than any other guild for kiting mobs (their kiters usually attempt to claim ignorance), they invented the DA-tank Trak while people log in strategy, and lately they have been starting DT cycles (they claim this is accidental too) in an attempt to delay other guilds engages on CT.

I think it is pretty obvious to most on-lookers that they are regularly being out mobilized and a lot of their competed kills outside of VP seem to involve such stall tactics. I ask, why are these things allowed to occur? Kiting is obviously against raid rules, although very difficult to prove and therefore enforce, but how is DA tanking mobs and beginning DT cycles that slow other players down not a punishable offense?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Step away from the computer my son.

Kolored on Red.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'd say, rather than 'why is TMO allowed?', a better question would be 'how is a stall not a kite?'.

You kite in a situation when you are not ready, but you want FTE on a mob. It's illegal because you are simply buying time for a login force, rather than allowing a raid force that is ready to pull the target.

Stall tanking or FD hopping both accomplish the same ends through different means, but if it's the motivation behind the kite that makes it illegal in our eyes, and the motivation behind the stall is identical to that of the kite, how are they not the same thing?

If you want to kill the mob, engage the mob. If you don't have enough for the mob, don't engage the mob. Yall dumb?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackscendence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say, rather than 'why is TMO allowed?', a better question would be 'how is a stall not a kite?'.

You kite in a situation when you are not ready, but you want FTE on a mob. It's illegal because you are simply buying time for a login force, rather than allowing a raid force that is ready to pull the target.

Stall tanking or FD hopping both accomplish the same ends through different means, but if it's the motivation behind the kite that makes it illegal in our eyes, and the motivation behind the stall is identical to that of the kite, how are they not the same thing?

If you want to kill the mob, engage the mob. If you don't have enough for the mob, don't engage the mob. Yall dumb?
I agree with what you've said, and I don't see a difference between kiting and stalling, and thusly I don't see how DA tanking is not stalling.

I used TMO as an example because I've been seeing a lot of this behaviour from them lately and they have an established history of using such tactics, be it during Trak, kiting dragons, or more recently the DT cycle shenanigans at CT.

How do people keep getting away with having 1-2 people occupy a raid target for 30+ seconds while they get more people logged in and have that not be considered stalling? Inquiring minds..
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

ITT: FE whines about tactics that they also use.

Pot, meet kettle. The only difference is TMO doesn't whine about it publicly when you do it.

Kolored on Red.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pot, meet kettle. The only difference is TMO doesn't whine about it publicly when you do it.
who is whining?? stfu

Pretty much this is how it went, I joined FE. when we killed trak itd just "hey trainer get tola"... then "go go go go" type of scenario.

Once we started to get trakanon, tmo would just log in on spawn and stall tank (for positioning they say)

Now when the whole fiasco dealing with the logs/fizzle came to the forums is when I beat zealot in his own game (option with fte since I died)....

Then alovia got tricked into somehow not following the current rules on a raid mob (fte) and giving loot to zealot who had second to engage.... which was overturned by sirken. FE plays TMO's games and no one crys. We expect all the tactics you've shown us by now.

The most current one Zeelot tried was kiting fear inside the firewall waiting for us to engage CT while they CR'd. Personal favorite was him killing himself with the zone agro on him moment before we engaged CT, therefor training the shit out of us since we had half the kite. Funny thing is all of TMO's engages on CT we just camped out no tricks.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most current one Zeelot tried was kiting fear inside the firewall waiting for us to engage CT while they CR'd. Personal favorite was him killing himself with the zone agro on him moment before we engaged CT, therefor training the shit out of us since we had half the kite. Funny thing is all of TMO's engages on CT we just camped out no tricks.
Bracer of the hidden, sit+hymn/mana song. He should be in control of his own kite, its not hard to finagle it so he runs into his own kite, right Fauss? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

47 Isn't FE.

Try again bitch
Old 03-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Zeelot the pro had no idea firewall was close to ct and totally accidenatally ran his train at ct during our engage.

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servellious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zeelot the pro had no idea firewall was close to ct and totally accidenatally ran his train at ct during our engage.
Xerxes say what?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread