Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true you take the average IB/TMO member and you RMT his character and gear and you then take that money and divide it by all the hours they put waking up at weird hours or leveling chars or camping shit.

I doubt that number would come out as "winning"

Depends. IB didn't really RMT because they needed money and had no other source of income. Most RMT'd because they were done playing on the server.

So the choice then becomes, do you hold on to a character you're never going to play again, or do you make a few hundred bucks? Some people held on because they still think they may play here. Others never plan on coming back so they sold their characters.

I think both sides "won" because they did what they want.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47shadesofgay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure where I said "I approve of RMT" anywhere in the post you quoted, but okay..

I'm not sure how that comes across as bitter either, the post is simply inquiring why people are so upset. Are you also upset? What gives?
I'm not upset. But your a old IB member right or are you not? Come on the boards to talk about TMO this and that, we were #1 etc. Yeah maybe so. Saying "Lol why you mad that IB was number 1 and made thousands of dollar selling there accounts?" You guys could do it if you wanted! Sounds like you approve of it. Regardless if was for "leaving the server" or a source of income it doesn't matter. Sorry if i'm mistaken here.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin Deeppockets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not upset. But your a old IB member right or are you not?
I am. Was also in TMO, not sure why that's relevent!

Quote:
Come on the boards to talk about TMO this and that, we were #1 etc. Yeah maybe so.
Not correct.. see OP. I'm simply correcting the disinformation that has been spread. Trying to figure out why TMO lies so much about it. Why they are so angry over everything. The story is that IB wasn't getting any mobs and TMO drove them off the server because of this. I think mine and Alarti's data proves quite the opposite!

Quote:
Saying "Lol why you mad that IB was number 1 and made thousands of dollar selling there accounts?" You guys could do it if you wanted! Sounds like you approve of it. Regardless if was for "leaving the server" or a source of income it doesn't matter. Sorry if i'm mistaken here.
Why does that sound like I approve of it? Anyone could RMT that's a fact. You could RMT, TMO could RMT, FE could RMT, old-IB that haven't yet could RMT.. it's not exactly restrictive, the only thing you need is a paypal account! That's all I said, because people seem mad that people RMT'd. I was insinuating they may be jealous of it and letting them know its fairly easy to do if that's what upsets them. IDK, trying to figure out why they are so angry. I think Gwence may be right though.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47shadesofgay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was insinuating they may be jealous of it and letting them know its fairly easy to do if that's what upsets them. IDK, trying to figure out why they are so angry. I think Gwence may be right though.
All I have against RMT is that it's the only thing that can shut down p99 outside of devs pulling the plug. I'm sure the RMTers dont care theyre making money off of a free game but most of us enjoy playing the game as it is and dont need to turn it into a second income. We just want to play without sony shutting the server down in 3 months because 1 douche out of 1000 decided to rmt.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Banned

RMT happens dozens of times daily man. It's pretty easy to find proof of it occuring with a couple easy Google searches. The GMs supposedly ban it whenever they catch wind of it. The server hasn't been shut down for it yet, I wouldn't sweat it too much. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
RMT happens dozens of times daily man. It's pretty easy to find proof of it occuring with a couple easy Google searches. The GMs supposedly ban it whenever they catch wind of it. The server hasn't been shut down for it yet, I wouldn't sweat it too much. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heh I really doubt sony would shut down p99 because they feel it was stealing their business lol but its just a possibility. Kind of like playin with matches it wont always start a fire but the one time it does, oh shit look out

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread