Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 05-28-2023, 06:02 PM
Banned

Default How messed up is it to level a warrior?

Don't have my fungi anymore and only have like around 7k ish budget atm (green server)

how fucked is it level a warrior?
Old 05-28-2023, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

It's not too bad, a tank is still what groups are looking for most often, so it's easy enough to get an invite. Warrior sucks ass in XP groups up until you get weapons with high-aggro procs and good ratios (i.e. not SSoY or some shit), so actually holding aggro is an exercise in futility unless there's an earth pet. Warrior aggro never really becomes good in group content, but it helps once you can use stuff like Frostbringer.

The grouping scene is shit at this point, though. There's basically one route people take, and those are the only places you'll reliably find groups. Bringing your own group to an empty dungeon only works until someone invariably has to leave after half an hour or something, so unless you have a fixed crew you know you can rely on for long sessions, you basically have to take this leveling route:

Unrest ??-27ish (MR, then FP)
Highkeep 27-35 (goblins) or Mistmoore GY, but groups are unreliable there
Mistmoore 35-40 (CE)
City of Mist 40-50 (various camps)
Karnor's 50-60 (various camps)

At most levels, you're limited to a single zone and sometimes even a single camp in that zone. If you show up at Mistmoore CE as a 36 warrior and there isn't a group with room, you just don't get XP until a spot opens. Once in a while there'll be a group trying to do a bit of grinding in LGuk or someplace like that, but not reliably, and it isn't worth it to travel there just to see if there might be one when there's a 75% chance that there isn't.

I recently leveled an alt from 1-55 and it was literally always a mistake to try to go anywhere but those five zones. I kept trying to find groups in other places and it just wasn't happening, and it was a waste of time every time I bothered to go. It's not only about finding a group somewhere, it's also just as important to be able to replace people who leave. That simply isn't possible outside of the aforementioned route.

Even Sebilis is underutilized. Considering the fact that it might take you the better part of an hour to travel there, /ooc LFG, then travel somewhere else when it turns out there just weren't any groups that needed you, it just isn't worth it to try. People prefer to level in Karnor's for whatever reason, despite the fact that the XP is terrible.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

People do it all the time. I’d personally go to HK and kill guards ASAP. Auction for high end buffs and sell the swords to pay for more buffs. Probably finish off in Karnors.

Or get used to a slower grind until you can save up for the necessities. Cobalt Bp’s are cheaper than fungis so 45+ it isn’t that awful on a budget.
Old 05-28-2023, 10:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People do it all the time. I’d personally go to HK and kill guards ASAP. Auction for high end buffs and sell the swords to pay for more buffs. Probably finish off in Karnors.

Or get used to a slower grind until you can save up for the necessities. Cobalt Bp’s are cheaper than fungis so 45+ it isn’t that awful on a budget.
A lot of melee classes also like to level off of the low HP 45 NPCs. Grik the Exile in Swamp of no Hope, Ergrez Shortpaw & Adisson Stubblechin in IC. There's a few level 45 NPCs that have low HP that can be easily soloed by Melee classes. Also I think LDCs in SOL B tend to be very popular too.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:02 AM
Fire Giant

I grouped most of the way to 60 on my warrior and it was definitely frustrating sometimes when I felt like I couldn't do my main job (ie, hold agro). With a caster dropping root on most mobs and/or an earth pet going, or just a group that doesn't go whole ham right our the gate on everything that gets pulled, it was OK though.

IMHO you definitely need your eyes on the prize to level one though - gotta really love the class or want to do high level mt-ing IMHO

Edit: PS: my warriors was low budget too - wasn't a problem while grouping
Old 05-29-2023, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Servers are dead. Soloing greens to 60 will be bad
Old 05-29-2023, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't have my fungi anymore and only have like around 7k ish budget atm (green server)

how fucked is it level a warrior?
didnt you quit like 8x now?
Old 05-29-2023, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Hmmm! Groups are normally available in common zones
Old 05-29-2023, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

With some twinkage (weaps, ac, haste is a bonus) it’s fine as far as grouping goes. Solo, yeah I’d rather not.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

You really don't need that much until higher levels.
Fbss/hand wraps. Staff of battle,frostbringer
You can do fine without dropping 100k on a warrior

Save up some dkp and get some phat loots once you hit good levels