Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

I just rolled an elf war and I saw that thing on wiki about 25 dex min max, so I'm glad we're having this discussion. Went 25 sta.
I don't plan on using procs till way way later. Seeing how far swiftblade of zek / seb dirk will take me.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Aviak

Barrel rolls...pretty much all that matters.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Banned

Well you chose the most inferior of all short warrior races. At least you can barrel roll while regretting not going halfling and getting sneak pull, sneak turn ins, sneak banking, Invis + sneak hide trick, awesome furry feet, and the most respected home town in Norrath.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you chose the most inferior of all short warrior races. At least you can barrel roll while regretting not going halfling and getting sneak pull, sneak turn ins, sneak banking, Invis + sneak hide trick, awesome furry feet, and the most respected home town in Norrath.
Sneak turn-ins seem more like an exploit than anything. Couldn't pass up the good starting stats that Dwarves are blessed with, either.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you chose the most inferior of all short warrior races. At least you can barrel roll while regretting...the most respected home town in Norrath.
Halflings can't spawn in Kelethin.

Also, a dude.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

As a Gnome Warrior, I can agree with Legday. I did pretty much the same thing (15 dex and 10 sta) and pretty much regret it. With just FoS and VoG, both of which are super common, it's really easy to max both strength and stamina in the raid setting. I am geared almost entirely for stamina and I still don't max out....but I'm a Gnome, which makes it worth it

*flex*
Old 01-28-2016, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sneak turn-ins seem more like an exploit than anything.
Someone should wash your mouth out with soap.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

For a warrior on p99, I'd argue the smartest choice would be dumping all available points into dexterity. For 99.9% of content a warrior will be encountering, a higher statistical chance of landing an early proc (and more procs over time) will be infinitely more useful than the marginal benefit the extra stamina would net them. Theoretically your cleric might be 0.5% more efficient complete healing you, but will end up being a lot less efficient having to toss more heals to the 'not you'. Remember that even regarding ideally balanced groups level 55+ and up that have both a warrior and a cleric, that complete heal isn't going to be timed to hit you when you're purpling ... and that complete heal isn't needed but every few mobs outside of rare named mobs. Remove the cleric from the equation and it's all a moot point as all other healing options are games of efficiency and attrition, where armor class and making sure damage goes where it's intended to go (the tank and not the rogue) is the name of the game.

For the other theoretical 0.1% of content ... well you're talking monster hitting raid encounters where a well oiled complete heal chain and a dash of luck will go a lot farther towards your survival than a few extra stamina points would net you. Once you get to that level of game play, capping stamina via gear isn't impossible regardless of your race ... and 100-200hp won't make a big difference when you're buffing out to >6k hp.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 01-28-2016 at 03:01 PM..
Old 01-28-2016, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a warrior on p99, I'd argue the smartest choice would be dumping all available points into dexterity. For 99.9% of content a warrior will be encountering, a higher statistical chance of landing an early proc (and more procs over time) will be infinitely more useful than the marginal benefit the extra stamina would net them. Theoretically your cleric might be 0.5% more efficient complete healing you, but will end up being a lot less efficient having to toss more heals to the 'not you'. Remember that even regarding ideally balanced groups level 55+ and up that have both a warrior and a cleric, that complete heal isn't going to be timed to hit you when you're purpling ... and that complete heal isn't needed but every few mobs outside of rare named mobs. Remove the cleric from the equation and it's all a moot point as all other healing options are games of efficiency and attrition, where armor class and making sure damage goes where it's intended to go (the tank and not the rogue) is the name of the game.

For the other theoretical 0.1% of content ... well you're talking monster hitting raid encounters where a well oiled complete heal chain and a dash of luck will go a lot farther towards your survival than a few extra stamina points would net you. Once you get to that level of game play, capping stamina via gear isn't impossible regardless of your race ... and 100-200hp won't make a big difference when you're buffing out to >6k hp.
I would agree before level 60. At level 60, for raid tanking, it's STA. Depending on how neckbeardy you are, you will regret not putting your points in to STA once you start with the end game.

With that said, don't start with the end game if you value...anything really.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would agree before level 60. At level 60, for raid tanking, it's STA. Depending on how neckbeardy you are, you will regret not putting your points in to STA once you start with the end game.

With that said, don't start with the end game if you value...anything really.
Yeah alot can be said about putting your stats into your classes' primary statistic. I have never once regretted 25 str 5 sta on my wood elf rogue despite 25 sta being the "min max" build. Even if you cap a statistic, that's not a bad thing. It gives you flexibility in gear. I had excellent STR leveling up and when I began to over cap, I could shed STR for resists and HP. Same thing would apply for warriors and STA.
Closed Thread