Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I waited almost four hours to get my shot at the AC. Then camped his PH for another four hours. No avail. So I went to bed and when I woke up early around 5 AM I figured see if he’s up. He wasn’t but the zone was dead empty but me. After about 15 minutes someone came up and asked to get on the list and I was like “it’s too early for this shit the camps all yours” and no sooner when I said that the elusive AC spawns for this guy. His luckiest day, mine not so much. Gonna stew on this at work lol fml. Any other unlucky stories from you guys on here?
Veteran move is to say yea after this one. Kill if it is named or leave if ph
Old 07-25-2019, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Nope my luck isn't bad
In one week on blue I won:
Earth staff vs 21 others
Torpor vs a raid
Willsapper (gave it away)
That's about 1 million pp in luck

It continues on red...donals bp, torpor, coth off rolls in a short period of time
Old 07-25-2019, 11:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were carrying around 80k while doing CE?
Nope, died and ran to the bank, then got rezed back in with the cash.

This was also a while back when Torpor was commonly 100-110k, so I actually got a deal on it, since it was like I was "paying 100k to the group" of 5 people, but I was one of the 5, so 20k a pop.
Last edited by Halfcell; 07-25-2019 at 11:08 AM..
Old 07-25-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are great lol. As frustrating as it all is, it wouldn’t be classic Everquest without it
Yes it would be. Classic everquest was never supposed to be about sitting around doing boring ass camps, and for the majority of players during 1999, it wasn't. People just got in groups and fought stuff, or did various other community events. The location of all these items, or their existence in the first place, wasn't known to the majority.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes it would be. Classic everquest was never supposed to be about sitting around doing boring ass camps, and for the majority of players during 1999, it wasn't. People just got in groups and fought stuff, or did various other community events. The location of all these items, or their existence in the first place, wasn't known to the majority.
What?

I'm not sure what Everquest you played, but there were camps that people knew about specifically for items. Maybe not every camp that's done now, but FBSS, AC, Goblin Rings, Evil Eye, Guise etc were camped pretty frequently when i played.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Veteran move is to say yea after this one. Kill if it is named or leave if ph
Hindsight definitely 20/20 on this one
Old 07-25-2019, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Spent 16 hours camping an Iksar Berserker Club before giving up. Ended up with good luck to balance it in the end though, ended up walking into befallen to practice my lockpicking skill and immediately aggroed gynok molkor through the door. Traded the platinum ring to an ALS shaman for his Iksar Berserker Club.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What?

I'm not sure what Everquest you played, but there were camps that people knew about specifically for items. Maybe not every camp that's done now, but FBSS, AC, Goblin Rings, Evil Eye, Guise etc were camped pretty frequently when i played.
Frenzy was perma-camped well into Luclin on Drinal.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Aviak

Camped Raster for 85 hours in a week and he never spawned.

Saw Bro Z up one day and just got some friends to kill him instead.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC quest and Goblin Rings (Kunark?) didn't exist when the game came out. It seems you played during a later era. Most people didn't know about the camps. Most people weren't high enough level to do a lot of those camps you listed in the first place.

Camping quickly became more and more commonplace, but at least for awhile it wasn't what people played the game for. People went to Cazic Thule or Lower Guk to get in any group, not to farm an item.