Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me guess, I have to do that to every window?
lol....smh
Old 10-29-2019, 10:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And no, it should be classic. You want to customize your UI, play on blue.
Sorry, I never though that a texture change was so game breaking. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 10:54 AM
Aviak

You’re still able to customize the Green UI with no error warnings or crashes. Things like inventory + hotbar in one window, health and mana numbers in the player window, spell gems with the names of the spells. It’s all still possible and being done in the Velious UI without any issues.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re still able to customize the Green UI with no error warnings or crashes. Things like inventory + hotbar in one window, health and mana numbers in the player window, spell gems with the names of the spells. It’s all still possible and being done in the Velious UI without any issues.
Please point me to the guide to achieve this.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please point me to the guide to achieve this.
It's likely a don't ask, don't tell situation. I haven't seen anyone sharing ui changes on the forums. I'm not sure how the staff would feel about it.

What I can tell you is the UI is XML and you can find more information about things related to it here https://www.eqinterface.com/
I don't recommend you try to fully replace the velious ui, that will not work. Small modifications may work.

Certain things won't work on p99 due to the recent patch that removed additional hotkey bars.
As far as I know, no one has publicly documented what those are. You'll likely have to play around with the ui to find them yourself.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-29-2019 at 11:02 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 11:00 AM
Aviak

I’ll take some screenshots in Green live when I get home from work, but I posted this during the beta:

https://m.imgur.com/8YM1pCj

That UI still works on Green live. So I can get all of the features of QQUI basically in Velious UI. The custom hotbar + inventory + primary / secondary just took me editing the .xml file for an hour or two until it all lined up. The rest is literally a direct copy of the QQUI files into the Velious UI folder.

No crashes and no errors.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Aviak

I’m only bringing it up because I don’t think it’s intended. I asked in the stickies UI thread how they were planning on enforcing it, and I got some vague responses. Doesn’t seem to be enforced.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for sharing, at this point, my only issue is the texturing. I'm not complaining about the hot bars or other stuff, just the texturing.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Good luck with that. Personally, I'm not even looking forward to the expansions, just a different UI.
We are already using a full screen Velious UI, we get a few more hotkey buttons making 10 in total with the expansions.

Quote:
And I get that, but yet the devs say that original EQ had two UIs when it was released, but we get only one choice.
Yes, the original was a viewport with the classic CRPG stone user interface which could be toggled to a full screen mode, making it two UI's for classic. This can't be currently recreated due to widescreen monitors of various resolutions. We have a compromise UI that Rogean and guys from this board helped put together, something that could work with the myriad of modern widescreens. Don't blame the developers, blame non standard screen sizes.

Plus the original UI had the spellbook covering the viewport until level 35. Rogean also tried to recreate that but sissies lost their composure and shot him in the knee for suggesting it.

Here is the original stone UI when it was toggled to fullscreen. Note the 6 button hotbar.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
My complaint regarding the UI is the transparency. I'm supposed to believe that texturing the veloius UI like this, http://wiki.project1999.com/File:Cla..._Screen_UI.jpg, is going to break the classic feeling.
That is the original UI of Everquest and loved by many of us. It was a classic CRPG design. See above comments, modern widescreens and LCD panels that don't work the same as CRT do with resolution differences.

Here is some more information if you are interested

Quote:
Ok, regardless what its called, is it difficult to see due to its transparency, if yes, then I guess we shouldn't try to correct that?
Here is the Velious era UI from 2001. This is what the dev team aimed for as a compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest in 2001

Last edited by Mblake81; 10-29-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 11:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Again, I don't understand why texturing the rest or some of the UI in the stone look of the buttons in those screenshots is considered such a no..no.
Closed Thread