Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, for one, welcome our new teal overlords.

It's a free game, eat a dick. The developeerrrsss allllllll haaaavvveeeee jooooobbbbbsssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri View Post
You're as charming as an ogre, you're as clever as a troll
eat a diiiiiiiiiick
Taku <Castle>
Old 11-01-2019, 11:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you guys even play on live? This is sort of close, but really not even that close to what just ONE out of dozens of server population was in 1999 (yes, pre-Kunark, I played). I get that people are unhappy they're falling behind because they want to go to the same high ZEM zones like everyone else, but that's classic. I guarantee there's mobs up all over that if people want to get xp, they can go there.
People know what zones are good for exp, they know hybrid penalties the game is not brand new where people are content just hunting stuff even if it's super crummy exp. If you want to go ahead but the server's not going to ruin your day that hard.

The people who want to transfer want to be able to log in and go to Crushbone or Blackburrow and not have it be 80 people deep with everything accounted for.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:01 AM
Aviak

RIP Blue. I have an idea. Have blue go to Luclin. Just remove the bazaar trader function, disable the spire porters to Luclin and bring out wizard and druid spells at launch.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people who want to transfer want to be able to log in and go to Crushbone or Blackburrow and not have it be 80 people deep with everything accounted for.
Maybe those people should play WoW or a live TLP server with instancing.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's going sideways but sure. You can always just go setup your own private server where you can't be disappointed if this so rocks you to your EQ core.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:17 AM
Kobold

After Teal is created, can a char be made directly on Teal? Or is teal only for characters xfers from Green for the next 2 weeks, then they shut it off when pops are sort of even? Maybe I missed it in the first post (I have not met my coffee quota today I admit).

I only ask because put in for an IP exemption, and if the transfers are only from green to teal but those characters made before Teal opens, then he would not be able to move with me- he has not made his char yet he is still thinking on class and such and wants to read more after work the next couple days. Hopefully all that made sense.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
There were multiple servers early on in Classic. How is multiple servers here different?
Old 11-02-2019, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP server please. Will take alot of us away.
Pppplzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-02-2019, 12:23 AM
Sarnak

Thank god.

Was a pretty miserable experience in troll and ogre starting zones. I rolled a erudite pally to get away from the crowds tonight just because I couldn't take it another night, and now I like the character. Thanks a lot p99 staff...
Old 11-02-2019, 12:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's going sideways but sure. You can always just go setup your own private server where you can't be disappointed if this so rocks you to your EQ core.
It doesn't. I'm just giving facts, responding to the assertion that "1.5-2k population is too much for EverQuest". That's what makes it EQ. It's a limited world like another poster said. Dead servers are boring and the sense of achievement is meaningless, especially if you're going to have the Manastone factory churning them out 24/7 for 7 months for 2 servers that get merged. Yawn.

Was bad enough knowing people are going to /list for legacy items without putting in any work at all like they're applying for government assistance, but this too? Meh. Not too excited about green anymore. Splitting the population is a bad decision imo if P99 is going for a "classic EQ experience" and I'm allowed to have that opinion. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] May as well be playing a TLP server tbh.
Closed Thread