Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 06:54 AM
Banned

Lots of illegal UIs deployed on green. Wondering when action will be taken. Some of us are being good pals and playing at a disadvantage.

I believe we have a terrorist cry bully situation on our hands, that should never be catered to.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Disadvantage? Default UI is not handicap accessible. Plz fix.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:44 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow that’s a disadvantage, I’m over here mentality keeping track of my mana, memorizing spell icons and dealing with small little hot bar. This dude has mana right on screen, buff names, and big ass hot bars. Prob even has a pet window. Fml

Is custom UI legal on green? Cuz man, I feel like an idiot if it is.
Last edited by Spineripper; 07-26-2020 at 06:47 AM..
Old 07-26-2020, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spineripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow that’s a disadvantage, I’m over here mentality keeping track of my mana, memorizing spell icons and dealing with small little hot bar. This dude has mana right on screen, buff names, and big ass hot bars. Prob even has a pet window. Fml

Is custom UI legal on green? Cuz man, I feel like an idiot if it is.
The reality is if they're using the illegal UI, you know they're using showeq too. The first time I raided with Federation I was really disappointed when we knew what Maestro was going to drop before we even engaged him. Part of what made raiding Plane of Hate really exciting for me as a kid.. was not knowing if my armor would drop, or if I would even win a /random on it. Something about having a player announcing loot before the raid even begins... really kills it for me.

I think this is part of why players got super upset at the last Inny they lost to ST. The leader was a Monk and knew that Inny had the Rakusha cloak.... (literally announced it before the fight even started).
Old 07-26-2020, 09:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reality is if they're using the illegal UI, you know they're using showeq too. The first time I raided with Federation I was really disappointed when we knew what Maestro was going to drop before we even engaged him. Part of what made raiding Plane of Hate really exciting for me as a kid.. was not knowing if my armor would drop, or if I would even win a /random on it. Something about having a player announcing loot before the raid even begins... really kills it for me.

I think this is part of why players got super upset at the last Inny they lost to ST. The leader was a Monk and knew that Inny had the Rakusha cloak.... (literally announced it before the fight even started).
If that's true, then raiding in this game doesn't sound very fun lol. I was planning to give it a shot once I got my Wizard to 50 but, ehhh, doesn't sound very appealing tbh.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

lol

Show Eq lol

Run that and see how fast you make a “I’m leaving this community post.”

Knew the loot hahahah

I heard they also use it to remove the delay of weapons!!! and give themselves 1 million AC!!!

/s
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-26-2020 at 11:02 AM..
Old 07-26-2020, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hey, in eq, mobs hold the weapons they will drop. I know your a noob so you have never heard of this before but that is how it’s possible to know what the mobs have before you kill them. As for the rakusha cloak, I’m assuming he made a guess based on how fast Inny hit him when pulling. The same way you know if the frenzied ghoul has the fbss.

I actually believed you on the boxing thread about keef and Jager but now I see you really are just full of shit.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

They must let anyone raid with Fed, even trolls. This isnt ST, you can see what mobs are holding (maestro, inny, CT) and know at least part if not all (in maestro's case) of the loot table.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:38 AM
Aviak

I don't know if it's "illegal", but you can just move DuxaUI files, etc into the Velious directory. That's the only thing that's "enforced", is that it will only read .xml files from the Velious directory, you can't select other UI folders. Soo... just move what you want into there, and with a bit of work, you can get a custom UI as well.

https://m.imgur.com/8YM1pCj

Example there from the beta, and this STILL works just fine on current Green.

I posted about this during the beta, but it seems it was never really fixed.
Last edited by Lament Icarus; 07-30-2020 at 07:45 AM..
Old 07-30-2020, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

It seems like a lot of people using an "illegal" UI on green without getting catch or getting a punishment / warning.
I think its because GMs cant really check/control it ?!
So I think it would be the best of the GMs just allow these UIs for all.

Because right now I feel pretty dumb to following the rules and knowing others dont follow them because they are not afraid to get any kind of punishment /warning.
Closed Thread