Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pound for pound, <Friends> was the top guild pre-Velious. You put 5/10/20 random nerds from <Nihilum>, <Azrael>, <Prophets of Slosh>, <Casual Scum>, <Fresh>, <Holocaust/Empire>, and <Friends> in DL with a no rules, no zone fight to the finish, <Friends> wins every time.

They were one of the few raiding entities that did not purposefully over-recruit in order to make raid targets easier. They were a high performance geared, highly organized group of players who weren't interested in pixels, just griefing the rest of the R99 population.
I'd say the average Friends player was better than the average Empire player, simply because Empire was bloated with horrible players. Empire, however, had far more great players than Friends did. Friends had like 5 good players, whereas Empire had like 20. This was evident in pretty much the only even numbers fight our two guilds ever had at Phara Dar shortly after Velious released; Friends had several waves of alts camped out and a position advantage, and we still mopped the floor with Friends.

The only guild I recall ever refusing to recruit was Azrael post-Nihilum-disband. Friends absolutely recruited people, but Empire outpaced them so hard in new recruit interest.

Friends' biggest problem was the culture of selfish and ego protecting playstyle. A vast majority of the guild played killshot characters with high protection against getting yellowtexted (wizards, shadowknights), but barely anyone played support. Very few players were willing to risk getting yellowtexted to do big things. Salem was one of the only players with a spine in that guild, but he fizzled out pretty hard as soon as Velious released.
Old 11-13-2021, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Back in ‘82, I coulda tossed this pigskin over them mountains
Old 11-13-2021, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

No doubt in my mind
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say the average Friends player was better than the average Empire player, simply because Empire was bloated with horrible players. Empire, however, had far more great players than Friends did. Friends had like 5 good players, whereas Empire had like 20. This was evident in pretty much the only even numbers fight our two guilds ever had at Phara Dar shortly after Velious released; Friends had several waves of alts camped out and a position advantage, and we still mopped the floor with Friends.

The only guild I recall ever refusing to recruit was Azrael post-Nihilum-disband. Friends absolutely recruited people, but Empire outpaced them so hard in new recruit interest.

Friends' biggest problem was the culture of selfish and ego protecting playstyle. A vast majority of the guild played killshot characters with high protection against getting yellowtexted (wizards, shadowknights), but barely anyone played support. Very few players were willing to risk getting yellowtexted to do big things. Salem was one of the only players with a spine in that guild, but he fizzled out pretty hard as soon as Velious released.
Maybe you and the other nerd should share notebooks sometime.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the sun was in our eyes
Old 11-13-2021, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pound for pound, <Friends> was the top guild pre-Velious. You put 5/10/20 random nerds from <Nihilum>, <Azrael>, <Prophets of Slosh>, <Casual Scum>, <Fresh>, <Holocaust/Empire>, and <Friends> in DL with a no rules, no zone fight to the finish, <Friends> wins every time.

They were one of the few raiding entities that did not purposefully over-recruit in order to make raid targets easier. They were a high performance geared, highly organized group of players who weren't interested in pixels, just griefing the rest of the R99 population.

After Velious launched they couldn't compete with Empires numbers, but they tried their damnedest to slow us down. Once it was clear they were not going to be able to hinder Empire in ToV in any relevant capacity, they went their separate ways.
this is the most pathetic shit i've ever read. friends was filled with a bunch of brain damaged drug addicts.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGHURBB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now i see why i was a problem... i had fun
i heard big hurb ran them off with /*************. He is the real regulator.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the sun was in our eyes
socks too tight?
Old 11-14-2021, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is the most pathetic shit i've ever read. friends was filled with a bunch of brain damaged drug addicts.
You're just mad Deluxee gave me the pants and not you.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 11-14-2021, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is inaccurate. I was in <Friends> for a period of time (I love those people tbh), and they refused to recruit. I kept meeting people and people kept reaching out to me because I was, like, the nice guy; and Salem et al said a big fat NO to every single person. Obviously, this had consequences. Anytime we had an even-numbers fight, more Emp would port in and we'd start plugging.
Closed Thread