Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-04-2022, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors pulling is totally normal in a trio. It is quite efficient too. You should try it some time
SK's pulling is totally normal in a trio. It is quite efficient too. You should try it some time.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK's pulling is totally normal in a trio. It is quite efficient too. You should try it some time.
Nobody is suggesting the chant has to pull for sk. You were suggesting the chant has to pull for warrior. Do you see the malformed point you have highlighted with your quote?
Old 02-04-2022, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is suggesting the chant has to pull for sk. You were suggesting the chant has to pull for warrior. Do you see the malformed point you have highlighted with your quote?
You are missing the point completely. There are two ways to pull: proactive and reactive.

Having the SK or Enchanter pull is proactive. You are attempting to prevent issues from the pull before it happens. Worst case scenario is the puller dies.

Having a Warrior pull is reactive. You are pulling a bunch of mobs to the group and hope they can deal with it. Worse case scenario is the whole group dies.

Often times reactive pulling is not worth the added risk, even if you could parse it out to show some extra efficency. Even one unexpected wipe will probably set your grouo back more than the slight bump in efficiency. In all of my years playing xp group, reactive pulling is less common. That isn't to say you can't do it, but it is more situational.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-04-2022 at 09:15 PM..
Old 02-04-2022, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are missing the point completely. There are two ways to pull: proactive and reactive.

Having the SK or Enchanter pull is proactive. You are attempting to prevent issues from the pull before it happens. Worst case scenario is the puller dies.

Having a Warrior pull is reactive. You are pulling a bunch of mobs to the group and hope they can deal with it. Worse case scenario is the whole group dies.

Often times reactive pulling is not worth the added risk, even if you could parse it out to show some extra efficency. Even one unexpected wipe will probably set your grouo back more than the slight bump in efficiency. In all of my years playing xp group, reactive pulling is less common. That isn't to say you can't do it, but it is more situational.
Making up these two categories of pulls and sounding all fancy doesnt change anything. war is better than sk for xp, loot and raiding unless you want to cherry pick and every time another class will be better for those cherry picks.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Making up these two categories of pulls and sounding all fancy doesnt change anything. war is better than sk for xp, loot and raiding unless you want to cherry pick and every time another class will be better for those cherry picks.
I can only assume you are a new player now if you don't understand this point about pulling.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

OP has been conspicuously absent.
Not everyone wants to fucking min/max every-goddamn facet of this 100yr old game.
Slightly optimising a trio based on simple criteria should not be so difficult.
Constant War pulled trains of mobs that need discs and such have a limit too, cooldown? Banging on about war> ALL when it is YOUR preference makes you look elite, to your guild only. Raids are infamous for sitting the fuck around and rarely doing stuff, discs cooldown

A troll sk player at lvl58 (who also has a 60 shm and hasnpossibly grouped with war and/or sk) who openly admits War is superior at raiding but caveats this with some well thought out points is probably better equiped to suggest than others who come and just say waa waa waa, war> ALL K PLS THNX+1

A constant train pulled by a war with no hybrid penalty is probably faster xp than the exact same group with an sk, but discs cooldown do they not? So in essence they (warriors), in a perfect scenario are better.
PseudoCode
If {Eq p1999} == perfect. Continue on...
Else.

Make your point, give whatever proofs you have (that show relavence to OP) then sit back and be either agreed with, or refuted, by hopefully well considered arguments.
Overall, good thread, proves few peeps read OP then run off at the mouth (fingers).
Play SK. No reason other than i believe it will annoy the easily annoyed. And more utility, instant agro grab, pulling and skel pet is cute and a permanent dot.
Flame On!
Old 02-05-2022, 12:52 AM
Aviak

Okay so there's a lot to take in here.

So basically, I work 2p-10p EST from Wednesday through Sunday, and frequently work until 3am as opposed to my 10pm work time. I do not have time for raiding, as much as I'd like to do it. So unless I'm on a vacation period, raiding is out.

We are just trying to find a way to break into other camps more reliably than our current trio which is Cleric, Ench, Druid(me, who also has a 49 monk without enough money to gear him so he has been out). The enchanter has a lower level shaman as well who we sometimes use, but typically it is that.

So that's where we are at. Just looking for a decent tank for an xp group and maybe some loot camps.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

What camps are you currently struggling to break into with that group? What level is everyone?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-05-2022, 05:08 AM
Kobold

No one here has posted any evidence that warriors outside of their disciplines actually tank any better than hybrids. All I have seen is people's personal anecdotes and conjectures. The only reasonable good parsing I've seen was from https://wiki.project1999.com/Sakuragi%27s_Warrior_Guide on the Wiki and his data showed that Warriors get hit just hard as hybrids even with higher displayed AC. Warriors might do a little more damage, albeit that might be less so now, since the hybrid damage tables were increased not too long ago, but It's not that significant a difference between the 3 classes. Only thing warriors have going for them is the Defensive Disc, that's it. Beyond that they're kinda meh tanks.
Last edited by long.liam; 02-05-2022 at 05:12 AM..
Old 02-05-2022, 05:10 AM
Kobold

When the mob is slowed, a shaman can tank just as good as a warrior.