Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-05-2022, 07:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyxxl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so there's a lot to take in here.

So basically, I work 2p-10p EST from Wednesday through Sunday, and frequently work until 3am as opposed to my 10pm work time. I do not have time for raiding, as much as I'd like to do it. So unless I'm on a vacation period, raiding is out.

We are just trying to find a way to break into other camps more reliably than our current trio which is Cleric, Ench, Druid(me, who also has a 49 monk without enough money to gear him so he has been out). The enchanter has a lower level shaman as well who we sometimes use, but typically it is that.

So that's where we are at. Just looking for a decent tank for an xp group and maybe some loot camps.
Try SK then. For your purposes, it is like a monk with snap aggro and more HP. They are a blast to play honestly.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:34 AM
Aviak

SK + their pets out DPS warriors Easily

Im bias also ..

Look up some of Wikids videos .. SK Vs Cliff Golem ... lemmie see a warrior do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8dLmJJ9F9M

Pretty neat too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1AKAO-dB8
Yeah its an EZ dragon but lemmie see warrior do dis

Wanna push it to limit do things other melees cannot do SK ... other wise ... you just hope you win the fight

Raid tank yes That is the only place warrior beats an SK . SK will not compare to that ever .. Disc are too powerful
Last edited by Steven01; 02-05-2022 at 07:48 AM..
Old 02-05-2022, 09:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What camps are you currently struggling to break into with that group? What level is everyone?
Currently we have a 49 cleric, 54 druid and 55 ench and we struggle to get beyond the castle entrance in chardok. We haven't really tried, but the entrance provides a challenge as it is.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qyxxl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently we have a 49 cleric, 54 druid and 55 ench and we struggle to get beyond the castle entrance in chardok. We haven't really tried, but the entrance provides a challenge as it is.
Great spot! Especially w/ the druid able to charm dogs.

Just keep at it. In a couple more levels the higher level pets for both druid and enc will hold better and you can move in a little further. I think once the druid can reliably handle growlers and sniffers as charm pets instead of whelps you'll be rockin.

When you guys have castle ent on easy farm mode, move in further to that bridge area. A tiny bit further from that is Observer Aq`touz that drops a stun weapon of considerable value.

I'm just so pleased to read a cleric / druid / enc trio is doing the exact correct zone. Bravo.
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-05-2022 at 12:35 PM..
Old 02-05-2022, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Tbh that’s slightly low still for chardok. It’s doable but Kedge would be a better alternative until 56-57 or so if you don’t mind going underwater. Should be able to easily clear all the mermaids and seahorses which is a lot of mobs.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

I always feel melees get a big power jump at 51 (49 is deffo a bit low for tanking Chardok, should be okay for pulling/splitting so enc and cleric can focus on managing charm pet.

May I suggest seeing if you can stick the monk out to 51 and posting a gear check thread in the class forums? Sometimes there are big upgrades which get overlooked or aren’t so hard as they look on paper. Have the enc or cleric mem blur mobs at low hp and monk out of group to finish them off and get full xp if needs be.

Catching a war/sk up to the 50s is a big ask, and will need gear even more than a monk does imo.

If you play outside of prime time you could consider trying to luck out on a t staff in karnors castle. 49 monk should work well enough there.

If you do decide to go plate class, would you like some gear recommendations?

What server are you on? I have a few 52 melee spread between blue and green. We could try out the classes to see how they fit you?
Old 02-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great spot! Especially w/ the druid able to charm dogs.

Just keep at it. In a couple more levels the higher level pets for both druid and enc will hold better and you can move in a little further. I think once the druid can reliably handle growlers and sniffers as charm pets instead of whelps you'll be rockin.

When you guys have castle ent on easy farm mode, move in further to that bridge area. A tiny bit further from that is Observer Aq`touz that drops a stun weapon of considerable value.

I'm just so pleased to read a cleric / druid / enc trio is doing the exact correct zone. Bravo.

I go back and forth on charming those chokidai, depending on mana and cc. We've experienced a handful of times where people are farming the observer and gate out which causes us to be trained by rootdiggers, herbalists, and manglers. We aren't exactly sure how it happened but they suddenly rush out at us. We figured a tank may be able to help us push further, but we will give it some more time and see. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tbh that’s slightly low still for chardok. It’s doable but Kedge would be a better alternative until 56-57 or so if you don’t mind going underwater. Should be able to easily clear all the mermaids and seahorses which is a lot of mobs.

Heh I was just in kedge for the seahorse fight... that place is both terrifying and awesome.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always feel melees get a big power jump at 51 (49 is deffo a bit low for tanking Chardok, should be okay for pulling/splitting so enc and cleric can focus on managing charm pet.

May I suggest seeing if you can stick the monk out to 51 and posting a gear check thread in the class forums? Sometimes there are big upgrades which get overlooked or aren’t so hard as they look on paper. Have the enc or cleric mem blur mobs at low hp and monk out of group to finish them off and get full xp if needs be.

Catching a war/sk up to the 50s is a big ask, and will need gear even more than a monk does imo.

If you play outside of prime time you could consider trying to luck out on a t staff in karnors castle. 49 monk should work well enough there.

If you do decide to go plate class, would you like some gear recommendations?

What server are you on? I have a few 52 melee spread between blue and green. We could try out the classes to see how they fit you?
I'm on blue. I'll post a gear check on my monk. I'm not opposed to playing him, I just figured I could tank easier and cheaper on an SK. I'd appreciate all gear recommendations.

As far as monk goes, he's still rocking some crescent armor in chest, legs, and somewhere else (can't remember off hand). I think his AC is somewhere in the 850-870 range.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I would honestly go to HS basement and let the enchanter PL the group to 60 while you guys AFK and the cleric occasionally CHs a pet. I think a necromancer would do this trio better than a Tank.

Enchanter/Cleric is pretty easily the best duo in the game 50+, so whatever you add can't be too bad. Druid is probably one of the very worst partners in this group so changing is not completely ill-advised. Dont fight it, go monk and just pull
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 02-05-2022 at 08:35 PM..