Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Insulting white culture by defending your reflexive use of racial slurs against non-whites? I refuse to believe that all Republicans are as stupid and delusional as you are, Jib.
I literally used the term directly speaking about democrats giving land and taking it away, and you spent a whole page trying to say lewis and clark were great and the natives were liars.

"UM NO EXCUSE ME! that term means Indians are liars, here's a bunch of examples about why I think that:"

That's you dude. If anyone had a reflex, it was you to correct my disparaging remarks about your precious white heritage.
Last edited by Jibartik; 07-30-2022 at 04:39 PM..
Old 07-30-2022, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Lewis and Clark were great, when did I ever say that? You retards are all the same, seriously thinking if you fling enough shit then some of it will stick. Get the fuck out of here with this saying Indian giver like a middle school kid is really racist against white people shtick.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lewis and Clark were great.
Yeah Im aware you made that clear you thought that in this rant from 5 minuets ago about manifest destiny and how you think native americans were liars.

Quote:
The concept of an "Indian gift" or an "Indian giver" traces its roots back to at least the 1700s. In his 1765 History of the Province of Massachusetts Bay, "Thomas Hutchinson defined an Indian gift as a present "for which an equivalent return is expected."

During their legendary journey West in 1804, explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark often encountered Indians over the course of their travels. The picture the pair paints of Indians and their culture was not pretty. Lewis and Clark frequently suspected Indians of either stealing their belongings or plotting to do so. Gifts in particular, as Thomas P. Slaughter points out in his book Exploring Lewis and Clark: Reflections on Men and Wilderness, frequently created problems for the explorers.

Slaughter writes that in one instance, a group of Indians offered Lewis and Clark some roots, which the explorers rejected because they felt that "the Indians' expectation for those presents of a few roots is three or four times their real worth." Turning down the gift, however, insulted their hosts and led Lewis and Clark to label the Indians "forward and impertinent, and thievish," in their journals.

Author David Wilton argues in his 2004 book Word Myths: Debunking Linguistic Urban Legends that the concept of an "Indian gift" arose when white settlers misinterpreted the Native American concept of bartering: "To an Indian, the giving of gifts was an extension of this system of trade and a gift was expected to be reciprocated with something of equal value. Europeans, upon encountering this practice, misunderstood it, considering it uncouth and impolite. To them, trade was conducted with money and gifts were freely given with nothing expected in return. So this native practice got a bad reputation among the white colonists of North America and the term eventually became a playground insult."
Sorry dude, I thought it meant white colonists promised land and took it from indians.

I didnt know that you white supremists had such a cold grip on your precious colonizer history.

Keep it up, keep dog whistling about your superiority and I will remind you over and over: the people who promised things and took it away were white people sorry you dont like that you neo nazi scumbag.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

I don't really give a shit what you tried to imply by saying an outdated racial slur for non-whites, you stupid bastard.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't really give a shit what you tried to imply by saying an outdated racial slur for non-whites, you stupid bastard.
I am sorry that your precious white heritage cannot stand up against scrutiny

Quote:
In negotiations with Native nations, American officials promised that Indian reservations would always belong to the tribes, and that treaty payments and provisions would be delivered in full and on time. Dakota and Ojibwe people were promised everlasting possession of their reservation lands. However, time would show that these promises were not to be honored.

Angered by a string of broken treaty promises and the loss of their territories, Dakota warriors and members of a sovereign nation chose to defend their lifeways in battle in 1862. Five weeks later, the war was over, and Dakota people faced revenge, punishment, and exile for their actions. In response, the United States nullified all of their treaties, sold their tribal lands, and redirected treaty payments to settlers who clamored for war reparations.

Five years later in 1867, the U.S. negotiated a new treaty that would relocate all Ojibwe people in Minnesota to a new reservation: White Earth. Many Ojibwe resisted the removal effort and, like the Dakota, chose to assert their sovereignty and defend their treaty-guaranteed rights to retain their original reservation lands.

Over the intervening decades, the U.S. exploited tribal resources and attempted to dismantle tribal land ownership by dividing reservations into parcels for allotment to individual tribal members.
Now, once again, explain to me why you think the native americans were liars.

Maybe then follow it up with another story about L&C with some sprinkled in manifest destiny too.

Sorry hitler the white people were the liars and the gift takers, not the indians no matter how badly you want to push that narrative.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get it you hate native americans, please stop spamming about it ok?

Go watch tucker, which you do and post about every day, tepplar.
Next you'll probably say Native Americans are racist against themselves for voting Biden by like a thirty percent margin.

I get it, you're mad staff banned your pal.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2022, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

I liked the comment you deleted accusing me of double reverse racism for calling out your racial slur better.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

I stand by my interpretation and usage of the term. http://treatiesmatter.org/exhibit/we...vation%20lands. And saying it's not is trying to whitewash history.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

I won't denounce the pioneers, or what they did, for the same reason I am pro-life.

I am only here because of them, hating them would be self-hatred which is poison.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake1981; 07-30-2022 at 06:01 PM..
Closed Thread