Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-07-2022, 01:02 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Any Hardcore guilds?

Hey all. Just got done playing Turtle Wows hardcore mode and DDO's hardcore mode and was wondering if there were any guilds that made/followed their own HC rules?

If not, anyone out there intrigued by the idea of having 1 life and only trading inside your own guild? Regular guild nights where we explore areas as groups and craft/grind to create gear for new HC players?

I feel like the extra depth of always worrying about permadeath adds something huge to MMOs and clearly I'm not alone. If there's a community for it on this server, lets do it.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

IMO P99 isn’t really great for that. Obviously eq being punishing enough is part of it, but you’re also talking about cramped relatively poor level design along with glitchy pathing and aggro at times (all to be expected from a very old game). You want to lose everything because a pet pathed through the Z axis and brought the whole zone down on you?
Old 08-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO P99 isn’t really great for that. Obviously eq being punishing enough is part of it, but you’re also talking about cramped relatively poor level design along with glitchy pathing and aggro at times (all to be expected from a very old game). You want to lose everything because a pet pathed through the Z axis and brought the whole zone down on you?
Yeah if you wanted to hardcore eq you would be stuck with the easiest of the content. Would be a poor experience,really not the game for it. Dieing is part of classic eq
Old 08-07-2022, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

There was a guild called No Time To Rez, think they had a chapter on green as well as blue. Someone got a GM broadcast a while back for being verified getting to 60 with no deaths, was a paladin I think. Its never been a popular niche so you wouldn't likely have much guild chatter, but I've seen people with the tag once in a while.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Legacy of Ik is a hardcore permadeath guild set up by leveluplarry. Its a hard road but arguably Cabilis/Field of Bone offers a good starting area.

www.twitch.tv/leveluplarry

I think a link to his discord is on that page for more info/signing up.