Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Large Bat

Default Moving to red

I am moving over to red this morning,tired of the blue BS!!! Since I am starting off brand new and dont know anyone on red I was thinking about making a necro. Opinions please. Thanks!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Banned

necro is a good first class to start with. once you get some levels youll be able to farm some pp/items for your characters no problem.

mage or enc also valid choices. enc is the strongest solo choice hands down, with necro/mage comming in at a close second depending on your personal preference.

in the end play what you feel will be the most fun. you will be much more effective as a caster in rags than a melee.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Necro is a great choice.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxnar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am moving over to red this morning,tired of the blue BS!!! Since I am starting off brand new and dont know anyone on red I was thinking about making a necro. Opinions please. Thanks!!!
Welcome to Red! Based on your post, this is what comes to mind:

1) Join Thunderdome. They are a very friendly, helpful leveling guild with EXP groups to be found at all hours of the day.
2) Make a necro if you want, but the server is quite saturated. It seems like everyone's got a necro (including myself). If you're just looking for a good class to solo with, you could also consider a Shaman, Enchanter, Magician, or Wizzie. There are less of them on the server.

Enjoy your stay.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Necro or enchanter are both great choices. Avoid mage like the plague on red unless you want the worst PvP class. Focus on getting some hp rings and getting your magic resist above 80. Save the rest of your plat for spells. Turn anonymous on immediately. Create a level 1 to trade as they can't be PvP.

That should get you started. If you have any questions, lettuce no. Welcome aboard!!!
Old 09-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Make a Human Necromancer

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

I suggest not turning anonymous off for as long as possible, except maybe when you are in a group. You will get more group invites and it will have a trivial impact on people coming to PvP you due to seeing your class/level. Most people at low levels are looking to group anyhow.

Experience gains in groups is crazy fast. As such gear and coin can be very hard to come by well into your 40's if you group on a consistent basis. Skip non-essential spells and most people don't care what gear you have in an experience group.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

pvp wise for starters: WIZARD HANDS DOWN or druid
both pree easy. root+ rain for druids, snare+nuke for wizards
pve wise: enc/shm. best soloers in game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Banned

Make necro

Grind to hill giant xp range

Profit
Old 09-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Aviak

Necros are good. PST Isaelie for a jewelery starter kit. I agree that Thunderdome is the place to go for new players. Welcome and GL
Closed Thread