Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 10:06 PM
Aviak

Default Critique my Dwarf Warrior

Hello! Recently started playing Project 1999 as a newcomer to EverQuest, and I've been hearing a bunch of conflicting stuff about stamina versus dexterity, as well as whether to choose a religion.

Getting straight to the point, I've dumped 15 points into STA and the rest into DEX. I've chosen Agnostic, as I hear it's generally the most forgiving choice.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:05 PM
Aviak

Ah -- sorry to bump, but I'm also not too sure how to distribute my 5 practice points. :/
Old 01-26-2016, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

you're choice for 15 STA, rest dex is fine. If you plan on gettings this character to 60 you'll have plenty of gear and choices on stats vs ac. I wouldn't worry too much about your starting stats. what you did was acceptable in any form.

Are practice points the points you distribute at a class master? If so, I recommend only putting 1 to each of your required skills that you either 1. start at 0 with or 2. get at future levels.
For example at level 6 you should put 1 point into dodge. That way you can naturally raise dodge as you fight. I'm not sure it will raise past 0 by it self. I know some skills do and some skills don't.
This page is useful: http://wiki.project1999.com/Warrior#Skills

Lastly if you want to and its totally up to you. You can do one of two things. Put 1 point into every language or fast track a trade skill to a certain point.

Good luck!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

first mistake was not making your warrior a Halfling. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 01-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Does dwarf start below the 75 Agi minimum?
Old 01-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

reroll into iksar and reap the benefits

but yeah stat allocation is fine, warriors can make up most deficiencies(most) with gear acquisition. As far as your trainer points I think I've invested like 10 of mine at level 60 heh. I advise you to put a point into sense heading and all your combat skills you acquire. After that you can level tradeskills up(RIP) or help move a particularly slow moving skill toward Mastery
Old 01-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reroll into iksar and reap the benefits
Sweet benefits such as a 2handed weapon animation that looks like you're jacking off a horse, or being unable to wear normal plate armor, or being stunned from the front. All that and more could be yours!
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sweet benefits such as a 2handed weapon animation that looks like you're jacking off a horse

Actually had me laughing out loud. Haha. So true.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty405 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does dwarf start below the 75 Agi minimum?

This. OP, are you hitting 75 agility naked?
Old 01-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Mostly bad advice here. Stat allocation is extremely important for a warrior mid and end game.

Dump as much as you can in to STA and the rest in to DEX. (25/5?)

STA is difficult to cap even with raid buffs for most races, dwarf included, if you don't max your starting STA. If you max your STA allocation during creation, end game you won't have to worry about finding a Shaman with a PE hammer to give you that STA boost.

The more raw STA you have, the more you can ignore +STA gear and focus on +AC and +HP gear and not have to give anything up.

DEX on the other hand, is more easily capped with buffs you'll find in most groups and raids.
Closed Thread