Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-17-2022, 03:12 PM
Kobold

Default 9 years of P99 and my first interaction with an asshole

I was looking for some items today and a player messaged me that they have them and asked what I was offering. As I usually do I check the wiki and gave them an offer of the recent sales +100 cause I really don't care for the trade games and maximizing value of every trade. The response back was that I was getting too good of a deal and they are in no hurry to sell. I mentioned that I looked up the values and I felt it was fair and TY and GL and the response was "May your parents die of cancer". I have been off and on playing this game and been through a lot of drama on this server having been in BDA and logging in one day and the guild was done. I am actually not mad at all about the player but it made me realize that it's pretty crazy that this is my first real negative interaction on p99 considering on live there were many many more in a short period of time.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was looking for some items today and a player messaged me that they have them and asked what I was offering. As I usually do I check the wiki and gave them an offer of the recent sales +100 cause I really don't care for the trade games and maximizing value of every trade. The response back was that I was getting too good of a deal and they are in no hurry to sell. I mentioned that I looked up the values and I felt it was fair and TY and GL and the response was "May your parents die of cancer". I have been off and on playing this game and been through a lot of drama on this server having been in BDA and logging in one day and the guild was done. I am actually not mad at all about the player but it made me realize that it's pretty crazy that this is my first real negative interaction on p99 considering on live there were many many more in a short period of time.
Sorry you were in BDA, shit tier guild. Hope that helps.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The response back was that I was getting too good of a deal and they are in no hurry to sell. I mentioned that I looked up the values and I felt it was fair and TY and GL and the response was "May your parents die of cancer".
Because pixels on a private server emulating a 23 year old game are serious business.

Meanwhile I've had people just give me stuff for free because hey it's just pixels on a private server emulating a 23 year old game. We're here to have fun and relive nostalgia.

Some people geez.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bda was awesome!! Best guild name ever too /nod
Old 05-17-2022, 03:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess my experience with BDA was great. Everyone was super friendly to me and the reason I joined the guild in the first place was somebody giving me a bunch of free shit for no reason since I was a noob. They also helped me get my shaman epic.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mentioned that I looked up the values and I felt it was fair and TY and GL and the response was "May your parents die of cancer".
That's so far over the top, is it a certainty that it wasn't an attempt at humor that missed the mark?
Old 05-17-2022, 03:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's so far over the top, is it a certainty that it wasn't an attempt at humor that missed the mark?
I guess that hadn't crossed my mind but I have a dark sense of humor and it didn't resonate for me.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I guess that hadn't crossed my mind but I have a dark sense of humor and it didn't resonate for me.
You sir, are incredibly lucky. I would say the vast majority of players I run into are nice/helpful/fun, maybe 90%? But those 10% are horrible and I seenm too run into them too often. Unlucky for me, I guess. Glad your experience has been better.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

How often do you play when you aren't on drugs?
Old 05-17-2022, 07:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How often do you play when you aren't on drugs?
I guess all the time? I have a good stock of edibles now but I don't think I have ever taken them playing EQ.