Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-19-2022, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See I’m the opposite I would love to have the stone UI that someone just made completely enforced. I don’t mind not having a new UI, the “velious” one that was enforced on green just sucks. The full on stone UI would be awesome if everyone had to play with that lol, makes things a bit more difficult
The stone UI was the default, but there was a see through UI in Vanilla. It was slightly different from the Velious one with less options but you could make multiple chat windowsm I started in June 99 and was using as my default when Tribunal came out and it became my primary server in August 99
Old 06-20-2022, 02:41 AM
Large Rat

where is my face customization command
Old 06-23-2022, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure. I want to know if a zone's occupied before I spend 20 minutes running there just to find half a dozen /anons. I accept your own issue you post; simply making a "/who all [zone]" query return an accurate population count without specific characters would suffice.
You forgot to sign out your post dude wth? how am I supposed to know who wrote this?

Anyways , I'd Make the Sleeper come back with every Earthquake
Old 06-23-2022, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stone UI was the default, but there was a see through UI in Vanilla. It was slightly different from the Velious one with less options but you could make multiple chat windowsm I started in June 99 and was using as my default when Tribunal came out and it became my primary server in August 99
Hmm I don't remember a see through UI and I can't find any screenshots of it. Do you have any?
Old 06-23-2022, 11:37 AM
Project Manager

I think the issue is some people never pressed f10. I am not sure why. The keyboard command sheet included with the game illustrates this is possible. (image taken from an ebay listing)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The game booklet also has the same keyboard commands on pages 73-74. I recently rediscovered my game booklet, and it also has screenshots of the transparent UI. They are in black and white unfortunately.

Here is a player doing the butcherblock hammer quest.

If you pressed your Persona key, you would see stone borders, without inventory open.

If you pressed your inventory key, or opened persona and clicked Inventory button, you would see this:

For good measure, here is one my first screenshots.

Hope this helps someone!
Old 06-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the issue is some people never pressed f10. I am not sure why. The keyboard command sheet included with the game illustrates this is possible. (image taken from an ebay listing)

The game booklet also has the same keyboard commands on pages 73-74. I recently rediscovered my game booklet, and it also has screenshots of the transparent UI. They are in black and white unfortunately.

Here is a player doing the butcherblock hammer quest.

If you pressed your Persona key, you would see stone borders, without inventory open.

If you pressed your inventory key, or opened persona and clicked Inventory button, you would see this:

For good measure, here is one my first screenshots.

Hope this helps someone!
I used to always expand the window. My best friend always played in stone.

I hated him for it, he was like "iTs FaStER"

side note, look at those pressed, embeded text buttons /cry
Old 06-23-2022, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Oh so the UI theyre using on Green is technically classic then
Old 06-23-2022, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh so the UI theyre using on Green is technically classic then
As close as we could get the titanium client. The real tragedy is the bags are supposed to say ITEMS on them but I got that graphic working the night before green launch after like 2 weeks of failed ideas so I scrambled to get that in.

I was so stoked, then I saw that I left out that incredibly important detail.

Also a few other titanium client things (the like, multi tab window thingy, pressed buttons not having an image to display, unique button text instead of the black text.)

We had to basically helicopter secrets in last minuet to change those from white to black too, that was a bit of a fricken production nightmare we were all freaking out about.

We came super close to green not having the stone buttons because with the white text on them you couldn't read them at all.

Also nobody says thanks for the photoshoped spellbook, technically I should have hidden 4 spell slots but I didnt want to be too evil to you ingrates.

Those are my stories!
Old 06-23-2022, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the issue is some people never pressed f10. I am not sure why. The keyboard command sheet included with the game illustrates this is possible. (image taken from an ebay listing)...
A link to this (great) post has been added to https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium for future reference.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Oh i know a change Ive always wanted, multiple pets!