Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Yup everyone greedy and in a hurry
Last edited by magusfire24; 10-31-2019 at 10:25 AM..
Old 10-31-2019, 01:03 PM
Kobold

autosplit should NEVER be turned on no matter what, no one wants your 1cp splits, if it is that bad have a master looter and they can split bigger hauls at a time so u arent just getting the occasional 2 silver splits
Old 10-31-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Not only should you turn on autosplit you should also bind a /split 0 0 6 6 to all of your movement keys.

Cast that AOE money shot with each corpse you loot and each step you take!
Old 10-31-2019, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

As a cleric I never get to loot. So at lvl 5 I only had enough money to buy my new heals. Lvl 9 only enough to buy my buff. On classic live the cleric got all gems. It was how they paid for spells and components for buffs. So how do you handle it in the age of p99? I start looting... when i dont have mana to heal because i'm looting, that's on the group. Shitty attitude, i know. But I gotta at least be able to buy my needed spells.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a cleric I never get to loot. So at lvl 5 I only had enough money to buy my new heals. Lvl 9 only enough to buy my buff. On classic live the cleric got all gems. It was how they paid for spells and components for buffs. So how do you handle it in the age of p99? I start looting... when i dont have mana to heal because i'm looting, that's on the group. Shitty attitude, i know. But I gotta at least be able to buy my needed spells.
As a cleric 1-6 at least you should be meleeing almost as a ranger or warrior, meaning you should be there to loot every once in a while. If it's a matter of killing things like snakes and bats that drop garbage to sell, then change what you are killing to more humanoid things like skels or kobolds that drop weapons and armor worth 2-3gold. You should have zero issues buying every single spell from 1-9
Old 10-31-2019, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

I usually use the tactic mentioned earlier of talking shit in tells and then sending a tell to the player by accident. Usually fixes things or they just loot faster. It's 50/50. A game in misty is trying to right click fast enough while killing the goblins. I'm hoping it gets better and have had most groups on belts or beads do alpha so casters aren't screwed as much.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a cleric 1-6 at least you should be meleeing almost as a ranger or warrior
Then why play a cleric? How does your trivial damage decrease downtime in full groups? How does your comment help any post lvl 9? How are you able to loot enough mobs to get 50+pp in full groups? Crazy.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why play a cleric? How does your trivial damage decrease downtime in full groups?
Because A) The damage isn't trivial, most people do about the same melee damage at those levels, and B) You don't have meditate yet so the additional DPS is probably worth more than the paltry amount of mana you may regenerate by sitting.

Obviously the class evolves and these things change at higher levels. Just like with every other class.
Last edited by Khorza; 10-31-2019 at 02:19 PM..
Old 10-31-2019, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because A) The damage isn't trivial, most people do about the same melee damage at those levels, and B) You don't have meditate yet so the additional DPS is probably worth more than the paltry amount of mana you may regenerate by sitting.

Obviously the class evolves and these things change at higher levels. Just like with every other class.
My club hits for 8.. melee is hitting for 19. I hit once every 5 or so swings. warrior hits every other. Why wouldn't I just heal the melee twice as often and let him do the damage? Or do I melee and output 1/3 their dmg and make them sit to regain health? Seems off to me.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

With level-dmg cap, no double attack, no criticals, no dual wield, etc. There is 0 reason that a warrior is out damaging you besides you neglecting your weapon skills.
Closed Thread