Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-22-2015, 03:52 AM
Kobold

Default Stronghorn & Tantor

Been killing mastadons and rhinos on/off for about a month and never seen one, is the spawn broken?
Old 12-22-2015, 04:01 AM
Sarnak

I don't think a single Tantor's Tusk exists on Red despite numerous attempts to spawn the beast.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

i have spawned tantor 1x and stronghorn 2x in many clears of animals in WW. not sure how many animals probably 300+ at this point. re-spawn for most of the trash seems about an hour and fifteen minutes. i have noticed that any animal(bronco,mastadon,wolf)can re-spawn into drakes,ice burrowers,wyverns. i only do it as a ranger the camp is pretty brutal, so the animals are really all i can kill solo. eventually all ice burrowers/cov mobs will spawn making it impossible to solo, not to say i haven't killed my fair share of ice burrowers and drakes just for shits.

tantor spawned heading north/south(hope that helps a tad), in between the gorges. no tusk. strong horn had horn both times.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

he doesnt summon anymore correct? (Tantor)
Old 12-25-2015, 09:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strong Horn in Western Wastes shouldn't summon...should have the same mechanics as Tantor:

Alla:

Alla Quote Jun 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed, pending update
Should have been fixed by now
Fenugreek Alchemist - Oracle

Old 12-25-2015, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsjoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have spawned tantor 1x and stronghorn 2x in many clears of animals in WW. not sure how many animals probably 300+ at this point. re-spawn for most of the trash seems about an hour and fifteen minutes. i have noticed that any animal(bronco,mastadon,wolf)can re-spawn into drakes,ice burrowers,wyverns. i only do it as a ranger the camp is pretty brutal, so the animals are really all i can kill solo. eventually all ice burrowers/cov mobs will spawn making it impossible to solo, not to say i haven't killed my fair share of ice burrowers and drakes just for shits.

tantor spawned heading north/south(hope that helps a tad), in between the gorges. no tusk. strong horn had horn both times.
also this was on red.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsjoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have also observed that it isn't necessarily a mastodon is replaced by a mastodon or other animal. Placeholders can become drakes ice burrowers etc.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Spent he better part in f he week killing animals in WW to spawn Tantor. At this point on red I see only 2 animals and my pet left in the zone. The rest are dragons, drakes and worms. I don't remember this being like this on live. Am I missing something?
Old 02-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Kobold

So on blue as of today there are maybe 3 animals left up in Western Wastes. I don't know if this is working as intended but as far as anecdotal evidence this isn't how I remember it from live. There were rangers and druids close to constantly killing out there and animals never got to the point where they were gone completely or even noticeably. Trying to dig up any evidence I can but it seems pretty sparse. I know for sure that velium hounds were much much more common.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

I have seen some of the rarest mobs in the game more often than silly Velium hounds