Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Kobold

Default Wizard EPic Fail

My Wizard Chilis attempted to MQ for his Epic this morning just before 10am est.

Chilis turned in the Note to Arantir to Dargon to spawn Arantir. The Wizard MQer turned in the staff of gabstik and gnarled staff & Chilis turned in the Blue crystal staff to Arantir and Chilis receives nothing. Both wizards were indifferent and Arantir spoke to chilis when Hailed.

[Wed Feb 17 09:59:22 2016] You say, 'Hail, Arantir Karondor'
[Wed Feb 17 09:59:22 2016] Arantir Karondor says, 'Ah yes, you again. Do you have the items? Give me the three you possess and I'll combine them with my own. '
[Wed Feb 17 09:59:23 2016] Arantir Karondor regards you indifferently -- looks like quite a gamble.

Lots of evidence of this MQ working on live. Should not be a faction issue as Arantir spoke to Chilis after Hail. I have heard that he is notorious on P99 for eating epic turn ins whether you are MQing or not. Getting your hands on a gnarled staff is tough enough until VS becomes a 3 day spawn.

Oct 12 2003 at 11:46 PMRating: Decent Posidius Sage * 68 posts I bought a FEAR MQ and it went pretty smoothly, got my satchel I had to bring back to Solomen, turned it in and HE ATE IT! /sigh....took a GM to give me my epic, apparently, I missed out on the little sliver of faction hit when turning in the Green Oil and getting the Staff of Gabstik, which still made me apprehensive to Solomen. I wasn't aware of this until after I did the turn in. Be aware....if you're MQ'ing or doing ANY type of turn-in on this quest, make sure you have indifferent faction at LEAST. Open up the trade window and have a friend cast invis on you to get indifferent faction

6) The recent "faction fix" worked. I did all the steps of the quest and was still apprehensive to all the quest NPCS. However, all my turn ins were sucessful. Assuming you started AFTER the fixes went in, you should have no issues with NPCs eating your turn ins. GL on yours! Was a great time.

Atleast Indifference faction is indead required to MQ. Just did it for a guildy. Rallos Zek Warrior tried at apprehensive, didn't fly. Tried again after the invis trick and it worked like a charm.

Sep 05 2005 at 5:29 PMRating: Decent EkibyoDrakmord 5 posts BCS is MQable I know this from experience =D If the person MQing is less than indifferent to Arantir just use the invis trick it'll work.

Thanks for posting this. My daughter's bard was turning in Blue Crystal Staff for me and he wouldn't take it. I got her to open trade window then invised her and it worked like a charm! My number 1 alt now has his 1.0!

in the world of Norrath it makes zero sense for the Wiz epic quest to only raise your TS faction ( which is required to complete ) to indif yet the quest then expects someone to do the shaman epic in order to complete their wizard epic

I believe there is a faction issue with this turn in that needs to be addressed with Arantir to accept turn ins with indifferent faction.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

all evidence points to people MQing this staff for the past 15 years utilizing invis or sneak turn ins. Many rogues and rangers are mentioned as well as clear directions of how to properly 'invis turn in' quests for MQing.

There is not one time the words "warmly" or "ally" faction are in any of the 5 pages of comments over the 15 years of data collection on the Zam page for the Staff of the Four

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...9&p=1#comments

the logic is right in front of us - if the wizard epic quest only results in the wizard achieving indifferent faction solely through the means of the quest - why would Wizard epic then expect that sorcerer to randomly continue to raise his faction utilizing other classes epics to just complete his own

that makes zero sense and there is absolutely no evidence of the contrary that a faction higher than indifferent indeed is what is suppose to be intended to complete the Arantir turn in.

Several mention apprehensive is too low but indifferent via invis or sneak should work.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

I mq'd wizard epic at indiff. I failed the first attempt BC the person with phinny staff was dubious but the follow up turn in worked at indiff for wiz and sneaking indiff for the toon with gnarled. Dunno if that helps.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mq'd wizard epic at indiff. I failed the first attempt BC the person with phinny staff was dubious but the follow up turn in worked at indiff for wiz and sneaking indiff for the toon with gnarled. Dunno if that helps.
how long ago was that if you dont mind recalling

I wonder if something has been adjusted since then - I have heard from other guildies that they had Gnarled Staff eaten at Kindly faction on P99 and it needed warmly
Old 02-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

We MQ'd a wizard epic a few months ago successfully at indifferent faction. The non-wizard with the blue crystal staff hadn't done any faction work, so we had him use an alliance necklace first for a little extra faction cushion. I'm not sure that was necessary, but it made us feel safer. Generally, if Arantir responds favorably to a hail from both parties, I think you should be fine.
Last edited by Vallanor; 02-17-2016 at 05:17 PM..
Old 02-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

It was a month or two into velious, ill have to dig to figure out exactly when it was. I think the highest faction you achieve doing the quest steps is amiable, so needing kindly or warmly seems unlikely.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Isn't it True Spirit? You could technically do Shaman epic parts to raise it up past Indiff.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-17-2016, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it True Spirit? You could technically do Shaman epic parts to raise it up past Indiff.
You could, but the issue is that you shouldn't need to do a shaman epic quest section just to do your class's epic quest. Fwiw i thought doing the first few steps took me to amiable
Old 02-17-2016, 06:21 PM
Kobold

The whole thing about it though is that when your quest guy gives you the script, you are ready. and I understand the theory about raising your true faction, but what even is that faction for? Why would a wizard be doing Shaman epic turn ins for his epic faction? from a lore perspective this also makes no sense.
Im not exactly sure what the original intent was to add wiz epic to true spirit; whether it was so you cant MQ at all or you cannot assist in the MQ after you have done an epic; or to prevent you from getting another staff of gabstik. I read bug reports from live where certain deity characters where instantly KOS to Solomen after they turned in the last piece... can you imagine your final turn in... epic... dead... find someone to CR. EPIC!
I wish at least this happened!

The whole thing with the invis turn in. You con indifferent, but technically does that cause you to become 'neutral everything'?
Evidence suggests an internal conflict with faction.
At this point I would be afraid to turn in anything to Arantir. Even if I had all 3 staffs.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Did you both hail him and get the response or just you? You both need adequate faction for the MQ to work. The final turn-in for the wizard epic gives a negative faction hit, so if the MQ'ing wizard got his epic at some point, that may have dropped his faction below the acceptable threshold. I think a certain faction amount within "indifferent" is required for the quest, so just conning Arantir isn't enough. If he gives the right dialogue to everyone involved in the MQ then it should work.

Just doing all the steps of the epic quest (buying Dargon's potion, getting the ring from Felwithe, etc) is definitely enough to get you the necessary TrueSpirit faction. You should not need to be doing shaman quests to raise this faction. If it gives you piece of mind though, go for it! And always use an alliance necklace in my opinion.

And GMs will reimburse a failed turn-in if it's not an MQ, so there's no reason to be afraid to do the turn-in if you have all three staves.
Last edited by Vallanor; 02-17-2016 at 11:47 PM..