Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you both hail him and get the response or just you? You both need adequate faction for the MQ to work. The final turn-in for the wizard epic gives a negative faction hit, so if the MQ'ing wizard got his epic at some point, that may have dropped his faction below the acceptable threshold. I think a certain faction amount within "indifferent" is required for the quest, so just conning Arantir isn't enough. If he gives the right dialogue to everyone involved in the MQ then it should work.

Just doing all the steps of the epic quest (buying Dargon's potion, getting the ring from Felwithe, etc) is definitely enough to get you the necessary TrueSpirit faction. You should not need to be doing shaman quests to raise this faction. If it gives you piece of mind though, go for it! And always use an alliance necklace in my opinion.

And GMs will reimburse a failed turn-in if it's not an MQ, so there's no reason to be afraid to do the turn-in if you have all three staves.
These are good points & I thought about this in the back of my mind.
Are there other quests/occasions where you must achieve specific levels of faction within a specific con before a quest works?
For example: You start a quest at indifferent, but you must progress within the quest to raise faction. After raising the faction, you are still indifferent, but high enough in indifferent that the quest will now work whereas before it would not...
Old 02-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are good points & I thought about this in the back of my mind.
Are there other quests/occasions where you must achieve specific levels of faction within a specific con before a quest works?
For example: You start a quest at indifferent, but you must progress within the quest to raise faction. After raising the faction, you are still indifferent, but high enough in indifferent that the quest will now work whereas before it would not...
The quest that springs to mind is the paladin epic quest (well SoulFire and Fiery Avenger anyway). Before ally faction was implemented on P99, you needed high warmly faction with the Priests of Life and Deepwater Knights. Just hitting warmly was not enough, but neither faction actually needed to be maxed. So there was a threshold within warmly that was required for a successful turn-in.

Most quests do not operate this way, so I don't blame you for assuming indifferent is good enough for both if it's good enough for one of you. I know of a few other people who have failed the wizard epic MQ due to faction issues. Very painful. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Indifferent is indifferent - there are no 'high indifferent' or 'low indifferent'

there was only a 'high warmly' because ally was not in the game. You can reach ally without having max faction - that was what 'high warmly' was, ally now.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indifferent is indifferent - there are no 'high indifferent' or 'low indifferent'

there was only a 'high warmly' because ally was not in the game. You can reach ally without having max faction - that was what 'high warmly' was, ally now.
Thats what I always believed, but is there any chance that there is a 'faction check' within indifferent for the quest turn in? Like if you are like 100 points in to indifferent to begin with and you need to raise it to 800 points in for the faction check to work? If yes, then its true you need to raise True Spirit to a certain point, if no then this is definitely bugged.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can't think of any other reason the OP would have had a failed MQ when both parties were indifferent. Clearly Arantir responded correctly when hailed by one party at indifferent, and the MQer was also indifferent.

I started out indifferent with Arantir, did all the epic steps, and was still indifferent when I did the final turn-in. If there is no threshold in between, then it seems this quest can be completed with no faction work (ie quest steps) whatsoever. That doesn't seem right.

The MQ we did in December was also indifferent for both parties, but was successful while using an alliance necklace.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't think of any other reason the OP would have had a failed MQ when both parties were indifferent. Clearly Arantir responded correctly when hailed by one party at indifferent, and the MQer was also indifferent.

I started out indifferent with Arantir, did all the epic steps, and was still indifferent when I did the final turn-in. If there is no threshold in between, then it seems this quest can be completed with no faction work (ie quest steps) whatsoever. That doesn't seem right.

The MQ we did in December was also indifferent for both parties, but was successful while using an alliance necklace.
Well we have recently had a patch - if no one else has tried to do the Wiz epic after the most recent patch but Chilis - id say this is currently bugged

Indifferent has no tiers of faction, none of the factions do - except in Classic with Warmly not going to Ally until introduced with Velious but you could still raise your "warmly" faction to ally levels if that makes sense.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

I can confirm turning in three staves from one individual does work post-patch (grats Serous!), but we have not attempted an MQ since December. So if anything is indeed bugged, it's just the MQ.

I'll take your word for it on the faction tiers (you know your classic EQ!), though it seems like the epic can be turned in without doing any of the quest steps or any other faction work of this is true. You start out indifferent and remain indifferent throughout despite several positive faction hits during the quest.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I can confirm turning in three staves from one individual does work post-patch (grats Serous!), but we have not attempted an MQ since December. So if anything is indeed bugged, it's just the MQ.

I'll take your word for it on the faction tiers (you know your classic EQ!), though it seems like the epic can be turned in without doing any of the quest steps or any other faction work of this is true. You start out indifferent and remain indifferent throughout despite several positive faction hits during the quest.
I dont think all races start indifferent tho - I remember Kandin being apprehensive

not that it matters - you should be able to invis turn in the majority of this quest and any other that requires TS ( except Shaman epic which requires max as the entire quest is building faction )
Old 02-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

I can't speak for how it is now but before Velious was released I did MQ multiple parts of the wizard epic from my monk using sneak (indifferent) and I experienced no problems. It sounds like something is wrong if you can't complete it at indifferent faction using an MQ.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Former GM

Default Multi-Questing (MQing) and CSR Support
CSR Staff will no longer be supporting Multi-Questing of any kind or any form, including epic quests. This means we will not reimburse for an MQ gone wrong, regardless of whether or not the correct items were turned in using the correct order.

Multi-questing from this point forward should be considered "at your own risk," as it was on live. Please do not petition the CSR staff in game or on the petitions forum when an MQ goes awry. We will not assist.

Edit: The staff does not plan on doing away with MQing entirely. If you feel an MQ quest is bugged, or a quest needs MQ support, you should still report it (in the Bugs forum).
Last edited by Ephi; 08-10-2013 at 06:17 PM..