Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I'm with Nirgon on most all of these things. Its fun to talk about all those classic "bugs"

Not so fun to actually have to play the game with them, and with everyone knowing about them and taking advantage of them.
That's the game that the devs are having to play here: 1) build a server following the EQ timeline as it was, or 2) build a server according to how EQ should have been.

Just some of the things that the EQ Devs admitted were mistakes, described as bugs, and/or removed as game breaking:

Circlet of Shadow
Manastone
Guise of the Deceive
Thex Dagger
Hybrid/class experience penalties
Egg Shaped Pumice
Restrictive Epic Quests (later implemented to allow more people access)
Timorous Deep binding
Locket of Escape
Charming giants in Kael to act as tanks on bosses
Moving Plane of Mischief to Eastern Wastes
Shissar Apothic Staff
Donal's BP (20s and 30s versions, before they added the 7.5 buff part making it worthless)
Velious Cleric BP's having CE as the right click effect (later changed to Mark of Karn)

What about unfinished quests? What about quests that were broken/incomplete until after Luclin? Should those be fixed from the beginning? Should tradeskills recipes implemented by the end of Velious be fully available from Day 0? What about stuff that wasn't added until after Luclin/PoP, it should coincide with some of the cultural released pre-Luclin, but for whatever reason was delayed in implementation.

If we look to determine what EQ should have been, we will have a wide variety of opinions about what should have been from the beginning rather than fixed along the way.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned

Because a community discovered it later doesn't mean that it they wouldn't have fixed it sooner.

Defending a summoned only damage spell effecting non summoned targets is a total face palm.

I also point to another bugged proc, the paladin epic. Do you really want that in too? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The manastone was never removed entirely from the game, neither was the prenerf cos. So, no, they are fine here.

There's bugs and then design changes and item nerfs. Bugs DO NOT belong! Not to mention this is an end of Kunark era fix to a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i said un"classic" brew not luclin+, also maybe you should post this nonsense in PvP Bugs if you aren't concerned with how it is on blue just red.
If both servers are intended to be classic in functionalty, I care about both. I want bugs on neither. These patch notes are a function of game breaking bugs being discovered by players at a certain time. The original dev staff never intended to keep them in as a feature.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-23-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 04:11 PM
VIP / Contributor

If anyone has facts through links feel free to post them. Just posting blocks of words from your memory won't cut it to argue.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone has facts through links feel free to post them. Just posting blocks of words from your memory won't cut it to argue.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001129.html

Quote:
Random-effects on weapons carried by pets will now behave as if the pet is a player character rather than an NPC. The change last patch reduced them to a rate below player characters. As part of this patch, target-specific random effects will only work if the target is the intended type. For instance, a weapon that processes 'Dismiss Summoned' will only 'go off' on a summoned NPC instead of everything.
Like I originally posted. Dismiss summoned should not hit non summoned targets anyway.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Large Rat

That doesn't sound like a bug fix so much as a mechanics change. "We have altered pets to be regarded as PCs instead of NPCs when proccing weapons. Of note, this change also has the result of causing procced effects to function for them just as they would a PC, i.e. only taking effect on certain mob types."

Not that I disagree with you that it seems a bit off from a common sense standpoint for an NPC to be able to use Dismiss Summoned or some other such effect on non-summoned creatures, but this is a game where I can carry 8 rusty halberds in any one of 8 large sewing kits I happen to be carrying on my person and not have it at all interfere in my ability to swing a sword. Common sense doesn't exactly operate on its' strongest footing here. XD

Though as you've noted, the final say on what to make of this comes down to the peoples in charge of doin' the fixin'.
Last edited by Morrale; 08-23-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Banned

Regardless of trying to eliminate common sense from the argument. There are Kunark patch notes right there.

Show me the one where they say it is intended again / when it was implemented intentionally? Do you think it should be removed in Velious then?
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-23-2012 at 04:45 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned

Apparently your intentions are just to try and get banned (as is a post you have elsewhere), however if you have to ask when it was implemented after seeing when it was supposedly altered in your patch notes the answer should lie within your "common sense" and remain simple.

It was implemented intentionally upon release... dummy.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Large Rat

It's not my job to prove that it was intentional. It's yours to prove that it was unintentional. That's what bug fixin' is all about. Prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that something isn't functioning properly, then bring it to attention. All I am offering is that there is room for interpretation of what you've posted, which means that more evidence to assert your position should be provided if possible.
Last edited by Morrale; 08-23-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

K patch notes show it should be removed in Kunark. Please leave this thread for Nilbog and Kanras.

This SHOULD be in though and I think is:

Quote:
Higher level Magician, Necromancer, and Shadowknight pets now have the ability to dual-wield without being handed weapons. The calculation used to determine whether or not this ability exists takes several things into account, but for the most part 39th level and above summons (higher for the Shadowknight) will have this ability. It is possible that you could get a 'good' 34th level pet that will, or a 'bad' 39th level pet that will not have this ability.
Again, same patch.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-23-2012 at 05:04 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Fire Giant

Pet dual wielding here is not the same as classic, though it used to be. Prior to the nerf patch, pet dual wielding matches what I remember from Live and the info from eqsummoners- that's not really important any more though. It was nerfed on P99, apparently for balance reasons, on 4/17/11:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Kanras: Pets will no longer automatically dual wield at a certain level.
It was then largely restored on 12/18/11:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Kanras: Higher level pets Magician, Necromancer, and Shadowkinght will automatically dual wield. (Blue only)
Now it's something along the lines of 49+ mage/necro pets and 58 SK (not 100% sure if any other Sk pets do) pet will dual wield on their own.

It's worth noting that the game was patched for pet to proc Sword of Runes on anything some time in between those two. I don't recall exactly when and I didn't find it with the quick searches I did.

Nirgon, note that I went into the P99 patch history to see how and when things got the way they are. It's great! Try it.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.