Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s pretty simple, the penalty is a multiplier for the XP required for the toon; A human paladin requires 1.4x the total XP to advance as compared to a human cleric. A separate calculation is how much of the groups XP/kill each toon gets, which is just (individual’s lifetime XP sum)/(whole group’s lifetime XP sum).
I know how it works. I've studied it a lot. I'm just saying. If you don't want a human paladin because of exp than you should also ignore a human warrior that is 2 or 3 levels your senior. Because he will also take a substantial amount of your xp away because he gets a very large cut to compensate for his larger xp pool. So your post needs to say don't group with hybrids or people more than 2 levels above you.

Edit: thought you were the op. But my point still stands.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

I figured this was either satire or general whining. OP is misleading at best.

I think most everyone agrees that hybrid XP penalties don’t make the game better and that hybrids aren’t especially more powerful than other characters. Even if they were OP, making them level slower is obviously a lousy way to balance that because they remain OP and just spend more time XPing.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't mean to offend anyone. Just wanted to start a topic of discussion about the hybrid penalty. I shared my feelings on it, as have others. The extreme responses are expected I suppose but they don't fix the hybrid penalty. Let's try to keep this civil, please.
People just got hyped for a server with the same limitations, exploits and quirks as original release eq (or as close as has been implemented ever). If you want less xp penalties, more content, and easier gear you're welcome to go to blue, green is for classic experience which has many difficulties. (Cue blue hate).
Old 11-28-2019, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Why did they unban you
Old 11-28-2019, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Too bad warriors are trash in classic, and if you want a tank, you have to have a hybrid.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:22 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't mean to offend anyone. Just wanted to start a topic of discussion about the hybrid penalty. I shared my feelings on it, as have others. The extreme responses are expected I suppose but they don't fix the hybrid penalty. Let's try to keep this civil, please.
No, your original post is pretty close to the model troll post.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad warriors are trash in classic, and if you want a tank, you have to have a hybrid.
To take it one step further, it can be said that all tanks and melee classes are trash in classic because a group full of pet classes will outshine a perfectly balanced group where every role is filled by the proper class while leveling.

In practice, most people don't care who they group with as long as they aren't dying and the XP is steady. So far I've only come across one person who bitched about a hybrid being in his group group on Green because he thought that one of us was a paladin even though none of us were playing a race capable of being a paladin and most of us were casters. He was a dipshit, in other words.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did they unban you
Agree. This post reeks of hybrid hater.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Hybrids are great and bring a lot of utility to the group. They also have fantastic snap agro to tank more efficiently.

Rangers are the defacto best trackers. People will be leveling them to place in fear. Fear is the next big raid content.

Shadow Knights can feign death which makes them valuable taggers and trash mob tanks.

Paladin lay on hands can save them from death and potentially the rest of the group too. Flash of light is a cheap agro spell.

Bards sing songs for people to clap their hands.

nope, I don't hate hybrids. I do hate the exp penalty. Let's all take a deep breath and try to stay on topic please.
Your feelings about me or my posts have nothing to do with the hybrid exp penalty affecting the whole group.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrid don't take the first cut. It's all relative to level of each other in the group and what class race everybody is. If the hybrid is lower level than you, it won't be as noticeable. As someone who has been duoing with a bard and using an xp calculator..... Usually having him instead of a non hybrid adds 10 to 20 kills more per level. Usually resulting in an extra 25 to 60 mins of play time. In a full group setting this could delay you an hour or so but it's not enough to alienate people or wait for a tank that isn't a hybrid.

If you're alienating hybrids for this reason you should also be banning people higher than 1 level above you for the same reason or else you are either a hypocrite or an idiot or both.
You’re kind of greatly downplaying the affect in a full group. Depending on level, the mobs aren’t giving a ton of EXP per kill in the first place. Split between a full group plus hybrid penalty that can at times add a lot more than an extra hour per level. It gets better as you get bigger in level because the mobs are worth more EXP
Closed Thread