Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Ranger tanks are highly underestimated. That being said, I gained 2 lvls in MM pond Saturday night with a pally and ranger in group. Night before i lost experience in upperguk with no hybrids. It's all relative.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, originally it was a big argument inside of Verant about how OP hybrids were supposed to be. This was based on D&D and MuD experience with like 'warrior/mage' combos that turned out to be, in that ruleset, too powerful. It made them overcautious about EQ hybrids, and to compensate they not only toned down the abilities they increased the exp requirement, which is straight outta D&D. Even then they got nervous and nerfed Rangers into the dirt in beta, if I recall correctly.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just need to point out that anybody who includes bard along with SK/pal/ranger like they're the same in regard to this topic is probably somebody who shouldn't be listened to. A bard reduces downtime for groups in such a drastic way at this point that it's the one hybrid that usually more than makes up for it's penalty unless you're in a very firmly defined camp with no ability to pull extra mobs.
I 100% agree. However in a dungeon in today's green/teal like say upper guk, there aren't unlimited mobs to pull. The zones are overcrowded and there usually isn't enough mobs around to take advantage of the time savings a bard would provide. Now if there were enough mobs around that you could take advantage then yes, a bard is probably the most efficient class to have in that group due to how much better he makes everyone / restores hp and mana etc. Just right now a bard for the most part is like anyone else in the group.

That being said i would never kick a bard from group cause they are just so sweet.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I 100% agree. However in a dungeon in today's green/teal like say upper guk, there aren't unlimited mobs to pull. The zones are overcrowded and there usually isn't enough mobs around to take advantage of the time savings a bard would provide. Now if there were enough mobs around that you could take advantage then yes, a bard is probably the most efficient class to have in that group due to how much better he makes everyone / restores hp and mana etc. Just right now a bard for the most part is like anyone else in the group.

That being said i would never kick a bard from group cause they are just so sweet.
Might I suggest you are comparing number of mobs to blue and not to classic? For that instance, why take a warrior? When a bard can pull and tank and CC. They are amazeballs. Just need a cleric, bard, and 4 dps and you are rocking the red mobs like they nuttin.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

war tanks are fine. everyone else is bad
Old 12-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

I have zero problems with warrior tanks. Would actually prefer them in my group over a Pal / SK just for the extra XP's!!!
Old 12-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

The funny part about this whole hybrid thing would be a bit different if stamina loss was in the game. You would either need priests, a bard,a hybrid or a level 29 enchanter with augmentation to replenish the stamina of melee characters. You wouldn't have endless melee slaying machines without someone invigoring them, weapon weight would actually matter. It would be awesome to hear a warrior be like I need to sit and get stamina back or I can't do crap.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny part about this whole hybrid thing would be a bit different if stamina loss was in the game. You would either need priests, a bard,a hybrid or a level 29 enchanter with augmentation to replenish the stamina of melee characters. You wouldn't have endless melee slaying machines without someone invigoring them, weapon weight would actually matter. It would be awesome to hear a warrior be like I need to sit and get stamina back or I can't do crap.
+1
Old 12-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have zero problems with warrior tanks. Would actually prefer them in my group over a Pal / SK just for the extra XP's!!!
They are fine if they are fighting mobs that con blue to them, otherwise taunt doesn't work. If fighting even+ con mobs, they HAVE to have proc weaps to have enough agro.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Had a group with 2 rangers (40% x2), a bard (40%), a monk (20%), a shaman (troll 20%), and an enchanter (10%) in Befallen murdering most of the basement. I got the entirety of 19 and 80% of level 20 there in about 3 hours even though like 80% of the mobs were xp greens (light blue). Party had a combined xp penalty of 190%, but still got nearly 2 levels in around 3 hours.

"Don't group with hybrids, you won't get good xp" is dumb.

A far greater impact on your xp will be where you choose to level and the competence of the players. Choose groups based on that, not on existance or non-existance of penalties.