Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 12:45 AM
Large Rat

Does anyone know if the penalty stacks per hybrid in group? Been on my ranger grouped with a paladin and shadowknight and the xp is at a crawl. It might even be negative!
Old 12-03-2019, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQElTodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know if the penalty stacks per hybrid in group? Been on my ranger grouped with a paladin and shadowknight and the xp is at a crawl. It might even be negative!
Probably because the 3 of you combined is equal to like 1 dps class.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:03 AM
Server GM

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2019, 03:38 AM
Kobold

just dont get any of those afk casters in your group whill also having hybrids and your xp will be golden, its funny when people complain about a 40% xp penalty ranger/bard that is providing dps every pull when the afk shaman/wizard is literally providing negative xp
Old 12-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just dont get any of those afk casters in your group whill also having hybrids and your xp will be golden, its funny when people complain about a 40% xp penalty ranger/bard that is providing dps every pull when the afk shaman/wizard is literally providing negative xp
Amen brother. Those afk casters are 30+% exp penalty themselves.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Aviak

You know either way, no matter what you do, you will still eventually hit lvl 60. Enjoy the company. Welcome everyone and stop creating stigmas.
Favian - Wood Elf 3 Ranger
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 12-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

I think everyone knows the hybrid penalty effects the group.. Its just people have wild ideas of what that entails. One hybrid joining doesnt give the group his penalty to each person. Only he has the penalty and he takes a share slightly proportipned to it, so its more closer to you all splitting his penalty a few percent each,,but even thats not quite right.. Plus theres a group bonus.

Anyway, the penalty of having one person one level higher is usually worse for a group as a whole then having an even leveled group with say a ranger in it

And if your whole group has troll shadowknights, then and only then does the whole group have a 1.68 leveled penalty.. Plus a 6 man bonus.. And even that isnt so bad
Old 12-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny part about this whole hybrid thing would be a bit different if stamina loss was in the game. You would either need priests, a bard,a hybrid or a level 29 enchanter with augmentation to replenish the stamina of melee characters. You wouldn't have endless melee slaying machines without someone invigoring them, weapon weight would actually matter. It would be awesome to hear a warrior be like I need to sit and get stamina back or I can't do crap.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny part about this whole hybrid thing would be a bit different if stamina loss was in the game. You would either need priests, a bard,a hybrid or a level 29 enchanter with augmentation to replenish the stamina of melee characters. You wouldn't have endless melee slaying machines without someone invigoring them, weapon weight would actually matter. It would be awesome to hear a warrior be like I need to sit and get stamina back or I can't do crap.
pure fact in classic eq stamina did go down while you were melling

I do remember having to use spells or songs to help people get that yellow bar and not the exp one going in the right direction

I think it is a client issue
Closed Thread