Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Orc

Screw Gina you lazy people... Medicine is for the weak, electricity is for the lazy people who don't want to light a fire. Put a jacket on if youre cold, you dont need a heater. Grow your own food you lazy fat people. No Gina ever!!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gina is for bad and/or lazy players that want to forever remain bad and/or lazy. Good players don't use it, nor do they need it. First time I heard a guildie blame their fuck up on Gina, I'd guild remove them for being bad.

That said, different UIs are available, as are texture upgrade packs, here on this forum. And anything that only reads the log file should be ok. <3
whats so bad about GINA? i'm pretty sure i've met some good players who use it.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Auction logger (see auctions from in game outside of game):

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/

Log parsing map graph (works well with an OS that can pin windows to top / do transparent overlays):

https://github.com/ahungry/ahungry-map

Automatic patch system + web based map graph:

https://github.com/ahungry/p99-patcher

Login screen fix for GNU/Linux clients in EQ:

https://github.com/Zaela/p99-login-middlemand
Last edited by tristantio; 11-12-2017 at 11:58 PM..
Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gina is for bad and/or lazy players that want to forever remain bad and/or lazy. Good players don't use it, nor do they need it. First time I heard a guildie blame their fuck up on Gina, I'd guild remove them for being bad.

That said, different UIs are available, as are texture upgrade packs, here on this forum. And anything that only reads the log file should be ok. <3
GINA is exceptionally useful when boxing. Being able to know when characters buffs will end, if your charm broke on your Enchanter in the background, Divine Intervention trigger on your tank when you're tabbed to your DPS, exact timers on your Mez/Slows, refresh timers for long spells like DA/ToT/DI, and any event based triggers necessary... countdown timers for each wave in Ring 10 for example (granted P99 has the unclassic variant with NPC shouts).

Very amazing tool when you're trying to stretch your EQ abilities by playing multiple characters.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

thankfully I dont need to use Gina as much as this guy ^

He would crumble without it
Old 11-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

GINA, its how ya do the EC tunnel when at work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bedlam took like a week, some stuff just isn't selling that much these days.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thankfully I dont need to use Gina as much as this guy ^

He would crumble without it
I even used GamTextTriggers back before GINA was made.

But on P99 you really don't need GINA. I guess if you absolutely must know your Buff timers, or you could just look at the Buff duration... oh wait, lol.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

^^ *walks away sadly*
Old 11-13-2017, 03:14 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gina is a game-changer. Simple as that:
It's not lazy knowing, as a cleric for example, the exact second the tanks Defensive Disc is about to fall off. Or as an enchanter I will know the exact second certain buffs are fading on others.. I can even make it scream at me when charm breaks. It'll tell me if my rogues evade was a failure or a success without me having to read chat spam every few seconds. It'll tell me when Dragon Roar is going to go off by the dragon by the precise second via a 36 second countdown timer triggered from the previous AOE. It'll tell me via audio when I have received a tell. I can even make Gina read Cleric CH rotations to keep me aware on long raids. Those are just some examples. It has personally made me a much better player.
or, you could just pay attention /gasp. Triiz''s reply was pretty spot on, just gonna add this; my previously post applies doublely so for clerics. i wouldn't want a cleric that isnt paying attention, or is unable to count to 2 or 4 on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats so bad about GINA? i'm pretty sure i've met some good players who use it.
I'm pretty sure you haven't [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GINA is exceptionally useful when boxing.
thats about as far as i got with your post.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 11-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

I've met some good players who use GINA and some who don't.

Generally the players who can figure out how to make their own triggers are the better ones. Basically due to the fact that researching and understanding the mechanics/content of the game is one of the best things you can do to improve your play. If you didn't know Divine Intervention was a 90s recast or DA was a 15min or Harmshield was a 10min, creating a GINA trigger will inform you of this when you look it up. Same deal with looking up Yelinak AE and figuring out it's a 2min timer and you can do some simple math and figure out how many CHs or Kicks or Nukes that is before you need to duck out.

That being said, yea GINA is mostly for operating multiple toons at once as well or better than solo players. That's why it has the built in {C} placeholder so your triggers to alert you to which character had a trigger fire. This is even relevant for playing Red and Blue simultaneously! But we all know no one does this since Red is dead and has a player:zone ratio less than one.
Closed Thread