Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Aviak

Because personally, I agree changes had to be made Mblake. And also, the staff is always looking to improve things. They actually read these forums.

After reading your dribble, I am pretty confident they just scroll over anything you have to say.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you got the mob, but it really wasn't fun for me. Sitting around for hours to log in for 5-10 minutes for the dragon kill... just wasn't fun to me. Here, the content is challenging even with huge numbers, and it is just as competitive for most of the mobs. The weekly CHARGE into Dagarn lair and decision making process behind pulling the trigger for an FTE is cool.
I agree with Baylan. I'd rather spend 2 hours playing everquest then log in for 5 minutes at a time to turn on autoattack and then log off, regardless of who gets the loot. I don't play Everquest to NOT play Everquest.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with Baylan. I'd rather spend 2 hours playing everquest then log in for 5 minutes at a time to turn on autoattack and then log off, regardless of who gets the loot. I don't play Everquest to NOT play Everquest.
*than
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

I need my vulak robe goddammit
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many of us played during Velious on live (Club fu, Bristlebane)
yes and yes
Old 07-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lords of P99
Who are the ^^^
Old 07-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to think most people do agree as well. At least from what I've seen most people have welcomed the new change save a few even if it hasn't necessarily translated to more kills but it's been more fun trying especially for the small group of hardcore players that used to do all the socking and tracking for each spawn and usually get nothing for it except DKP they cant ever spend. At least now if people spend 3 hours clearing to Koi and not even getting it they had fun raiding together instead of the same small handful of people wasting their time every cycle.

It's a different case for most of the people I've seen posting from aftermath who have pretty much complained about the new rooted dragons since the change and the reason is because even though the new meta is more fun and challenging for more people involved, the old meta was working better for them and their preferred play style, which was loot conveyor and bragging rights (and denying pixels to other guilds).
The new meta also severely restricts ability to monopolize 90+% of the content. That just isn't working out for the warmbodies that joined AM to only log in and play 5 hours a week and still get pixels without having to do much actual work because they already had a dedicated core of hardcore sockers, FTE'ers and pullers. Basically its 10x more work for 1/2 as many pixels as they are used to getting.

This may sound like ragging on AM, which I do a lot, but in this case I can't even really fault them for it because it probably would happen to any guild in their position.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unrooting them is not classic. This is a classic EverQuest emulation server.
Wtf are you talking about? Dragons weren't rooted in ToV until Luclin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to think most people do agree as well. At least from what I've seen most people have welcomed the new change save a few even if it hasn't necessarily translated to more kills but it's been more fun trying especially for the small group of hardcore players that used to do all the socking and tracking for each spawn and usually get nothing for it except DKP they cant ever spend. At least now if people spend 3 hours clearing to Koi and not even getting it they had fun raiding together instead of the same small handful of people wasting their time every cycle.

It's a different case for most of the people I've seen posting from aftermath who have pretty much complained about the new rooted dragons since the change and the reason is because even though the new meta is more fun and challenging for more people involved, the old meta was working better for them and their preferred play style, which was loot conveyor and bragging rights (and denying pixels to other guilds).
The new meta also severely restricts ability to monopolize 90+% of the content. That just isn't working out for the warmbodies that joined AM to only log in and play 5 hours a week and still get pixels without having to do much actual work because they already had a dedicated core of hardcore sockers, FTE'ers and pullers. Basically its 10x more work for 1/2 as many pixels as they are used to getting.

This may sound like ragging on AM, which I do a lot, but in this case I can't even really fault them for it because it probably would happen to any guild in their position.

I hate that I can't have an opinion just because my guild is killing less dragons. It's not about the dragons. My RA% dove from 40% to 11% before we even started losing weeks.

The new meta does not restrict the ability to monopolize content. If our guild isn't competing with Riot... who exactly is? There was 0 competition for this weeks Vulak. And it still took hours upon hours. And who is killing all of VP every week? It's not us?

Also, all those players who did "all the tracking and never got anything for it"... Anyone who was a hard core raider is now in one of two guilds. You can't even sniff ToV unless you are in AM or Riot, or if you bring enough toons that riot or aftermath will let you raid with them. You shouldn't need 2 hours from 120 people to kill one mob in NToV, ESPECIALLY considering all the best in slot gear people are wearing.

Also, who's this mblake guy? Dudes unstable AF.

And you guys have been completely glossing over the fact that raiding in P99 Red is Completely impossible now.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

When was the last time there was a 0 competition Vulak???? ESPECIALLY with no guilds suspended?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Kobold

if you think the situation is better now - than it was with ag,core, and am w/ unrooted dragons, you're never going to see eye to eye with a certain % of the population

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those puller guys only think of the fun they had.
sorry you suck at the game bro
Closed Thread