Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

Speaking of drugs, I quit adderall because I felt a touch of drug-induced psychosis coming on a few weeks ago. I’m feeling more rested lately than I have been for the past 6 months, but I have to do things to maintain weight now. Holding steady at 185 still. You guys inspired me to get moving again.

Went hiking with my current unrequited love interest on a 2mi moderate difficulty trail and was real surprised how bad it killed my lungs going up those hills. I’ve never been that hunched over, out of breath person who needed to stop a few times on a hike before, but I sure was! Little aggravating because I was doing 5mi/day pretty frequently and had no trouble on a difficult trail with my sister last year.

Gonna get it back this month and would really like to start running this year. ~4mi this morning while it was only a balmy 80 degrees at 6:30. 100 degrees high today and tommorow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2019, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
high T teenager philosophy. be careful sir.
Yea. Probably the same thing dino said too huh. Look at him now.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea. Probably the same thing dino said too huh. Look at him now.
Dunk of the month for July case closed
Old 07-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

So for whatever reason my legs just do not want to get stronger as fast as any other body part. I'm up to 225 on bench and my max deadlift is 365, but I can't seem to break 275 on squats for more than one rep.

For leg training I usually do a warm up on the eleptical to get the blood flowing in the knees, a set of body squats, warm up with the bar, 135, 185, 225 and then a few working sets at 245 (most days I don't try to max). Then I usually follow it up with hip thrusts (the one where the bar is on your waist, I think that's what its called) to work the glutes / hamstrings more for 3-4 sets and Bulgarian split squats for single leg training for a few sets (3-4). Is there something wrong with my training itself? Or do I just have shit leg genetics lol
Old 07-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for whatever reason my legs just do not want to get stronger as fast as any other body part. I'm up to 225 on bench and my max deadlift is 365, but I can't seem to break 275 on squats for more than one rep.

For leg training I usually do a warm up on the eleptical to get the blood flowing in the knees, a set of body squats, warm up with the bar, 135, 185, 225 and then a few working sets at 245 (most days I don't try to max). Then I usually follow it up with hip thrusts (the one where the bar is on your waist, I think that's what its called) to work the glutes / hamstrings more for 3-4 sets and Bulgarian split squats for single leg training for a few sets (3-4). Is there something wrong with my training itself? Or do I just have shit leg genetics lol
Feeling strain anywhere when you squat, like on the knees? I’d have someone look at your form
Old 07-20-2019, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Squats can be heavily limited by body makeup, that being said there's a way to grow that strength regardless of how you are shaped. Have you tried doing box squats? One of the coaches at my gym decided to go backwards in his lifts to see if he could move his squats past 405. He spent a month doing squats to the box and jumped about 50 pounds. Sometimes its form related, which the boxes can help. I'm stuck at 405 right now and I'd like to get to 500 before the year end. Thinking about trying the boxes.
Endz - Necro
>>Join the Riot<<
Old 07-20-2019, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Add a bunch of sets of leg press in the same day as your squats. Keep breaking down the muscle. How is your diet? If you don't eat (a lot) you aren't going to grow. Rest for a couple of days. Don't do too much cardio.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Guessing your form is good. Are you trying to hit 275 at the end of that squat cycle? Try doing your heaviest first if not, just make sure you load your system up properly beforehand. May also be doing to much and breaking the tissue down to far. Could need longer rest/deload periods(majority of time I find this to be peoples issue), or floss out some matted down tissue in your legs sometimes those fiibers get all matted together.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

we out here doin banded deadlifts bros

also post body picsss
Old 07-21-2019, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guessing your form is good. Are you trying to hit 275 at the end of that squat cycle? Try doing your heaviest first if not, just make sure you load your system up properly beforehand. May also be doing to much and breaking the tissue down to far. Could need longer rest/deload periods(majority of time I find this to be peoples issue), or floss out some matted down tissue in your legs sometimes those fiibers get all matted together.
I don't know if I agree with this except the diet and rest part. You aren't going to get strong/grow if you just show up and max out and then call it a day. You also have a great risk for injury by starting at your max first. I would strongly advise against that. It seems counter intuitive to do a work up because you feel you're using more energy to get there, but that's not the way it works. Your body needs to prepare for its max. And you aren't going to be lifting shit if you injure yourself. You will be drinking kratom smoothies with dino.

One thing I can't stress enough is resting between sets. If you need to take a 3-5 min break while maxing that's ok. That's only going to benefit your next lift. I also have either protein powder in water or just honey in water for some extra energy during lifts.

Hope this helps.

Kaizersoze, are you working other parts of your legs as well? And what exercises?

Last edited by Mead; 07-21-2019 at 01:55 AM..
Closed Thread