Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

New deadlift pr 445lbs.

Gainz.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if I agree with this except the diet and rest part. You aren't going to get strong/grow if you just show up and max out and then call it a day. You also have a great risk for injury by starting at your max first. I would strongly advise against that. It seems counter intuitive to do a work up because you feel you're using more energy to get there, but that's not the way it works. Your body needs to prepare for its max. And you aren't going to be lifting shit if you injure yourself. You will be drinking kratom smoothies with dino.

One thing I can't stress enough is resting between sets. If you need to take a 3-5 min break while maxing that's ok. That's only going to benefit your next lift. I also have either protein powder in water or just honey in water for some extra energy during lifts.

Hope this helps.

Kaizersoze, are you working other parts of your legs as well? And what exercises?
[citation needed]

You have no idea whether maxing first increases your relative risk of injury. Do you have evidence to support this? Does the evidence have external validity (ie, does it examine the same lifts at the same loads you're discussing?). Both sides are plausible. Are you less likely to be injured if you allow your body to warm up for the most challenging lift? Or are you less likely to be injured if you approach your max fresh and un-fatigued? Keep in mind that many lifters compromise their form as they fatigue, and compromised form is a common source of injury.

I don't understand what it is about lifting that damn near universally inspires people to spout bro-science, but any online discussion about lifting anywhere invariably ends up reading like a Cosmo article. As a physical therapist, it really grinds my gears. The true marker of someone who really knows their shit about most of these issues is "We don't know what the truth is on this matter, the evidence is conflicting, but here's how I do it, and why, and this is how it works for me..."
Old 07-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

None of you are fit lol
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[citation needed]

You have no idea whether maxing first increases your relative risk of injury. Do you have evidence to support this? Does the evidence have external validity (ie, does it examine the same lifts at the same loads you're discussing?). Both sides are plausible. Are you less likely to be injured if you allow your body to warm up for the most challenging lift? Or are you less likely to be injured if you approach your max fresh and un-fatigued? Keep in mind that many lifters compromise their form as they fatigue, and compromised form is a common source of injury.

I don't understand what it is about lifting that damn near universally inspires people to spout bro-science, but any online discussion about lifting anywhere invariably ends up reading like a Cosmo article. As a physical therapist, it really grinds my gears. The true marker of someone who really knows their shit about most of these issues is "We don't know what the truth is on this matter, the evidence is conflicting, but here's how I do it, and why, and this is how it works for me..."
You should probably do some research on motor unit recruitment and CNS overloading before you come on here and challenge me.

And if you have been following my posts in this thread, which I'm sure you haven't, I always stress the importance of excellent form, full ROM, resting, and a proper diet.

But congrats on getting paid shit and stretching people for a living?

Lmk if you wanna spout some more shit off.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

The quiz I took said I was mostly C’s: Definitely need to stop overloading my CNS.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should probably do some research on motor unit recruitment and CNS overloading before you come on here and challenge me.

And if you have been following my posts in this thread, which I'm sure you haven't, I always stress the importance of excellent form, full ROM, resting, and a proper diet.

But congrats on getting paid shit and stretching people for a living?

Lmk if you wanna spout some more shit off.
Looks like I touched a nerve. Strength increases derived from neural adaptations plateau around 10-12 weeks, after which hypertrophy accounts of nearly all the strength increase. And if we're talking about noob gains it really doesn't matter whether you max first or last you're still going to progress.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

A physical therapist is a masseuse

Hope this helps
Old 07-21-2019, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like I touched a nerve. Strength increases derived from neural adaptations plateau around 10-12 weeks, after which hypertrophy accounts of nearly all the strength increase. And if we're talking about noob gains it really doesn't matter whether you max first or last you're still going to progress.
You’re not understanding but that’s probably your norm considering you think you have all the answers already. I’ve wasted enough time on you.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of you are fit lol
Ok
Old 07-22-2019, 10:37 AM
Kobold

The testosterone in this thread just spewed all over the place. Seriously tone it down a bit. I'm pretty sure that the automatic assumption of everyone reading this thread is that none of us hold medical degrees. I've read this thread as mostly a place that people can come talk through gain progression, talk about different ways to approach goals, etc. I'm glad you are a PT Lune, but the reality is exactly what you said, the "science" of lifting can be incredibly subjective and tends to need to be based on each individual.

So lets just assume that every post comes with the caveat of "We don't know what the truth is on this matter, the evidence is conflicting, but here's how I do it, and why, and this is how it works for me."
Endz - Necro
>>Join the Riot<<
Closed Thread