Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

No Anichek, you are simply reaching as far as you possibly can to create something out of nothing. If a character logs in in zone and does not engage a mob or perform any role in the fight other than observation then that person has done absolutely nothing wrong and broken no rules. You can lawyer this until you turn blue if you like and I am sure that you will, but no rules are being broken in the scenario laid out in this thread.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No Anichek, you are simply reaching as far as you possibly can to create something out of nothing. If a character logs in in zone and does not engage a mob or perform any role in the fight other than observation then that person has done absolutely nothing wrong and broken no rules. You can lawyer this until you turn blue if you like and I am sure that you will, but no rules are being broken in the scenario laid out in this thread.
Ahhh...but once again, you're speaking without knowledge.

The character logged in, and assisted on, the engage. It didn't just observe. However, because we don't observe public petitions, this discussion is about the policy of logging in characters in zone once a mob has spawned.

I'm not flailing around with blind hatred here. I'm looking for a clarification on why this was allowed to happen, when it's in direct violation of the PnP (camped too close to a raid target) and then also violated the premise of it being an "observation only" character as the story has been painted (but that will be handled through proper raid dispute channels).
Old 05-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

So what youre saying is that Nemce is lying and this tracker actually did engage CT to kite, heal or dps?
Old 05-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

My tracker did not get FTE, pull, MT or in any way ensure/maintain an FTE. He threw in a superior heal twice after the mob was engaged and secured with significant dps and primary heals, which I confirmed, is acceptable to do. however, he was not camped out with the purpose of raid engagement, he was camped there for the purpose of observing. Sirken confirmed this was acceptable considering the impact he had on the encounter and purpose of his positioning was entirely observational.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My tracker did not get FTE, pull, MT or in any way ensure/maintain an FTE. He threw in a superior heal twice after the mob was engaged and secured with significant dps and primary heals, which I confirmed, is acceptable to do. however, he was not camped out with the purpose of raid engagement, he was camped there for the purpose of observing. Sirken confirmed this was acceptable considering the impact he had on the encounter and purpose of his positioning was entirely observational.
There is zero difference between 1 and 20 people camped out then in zone - because once the mob has spawned you're no longer limited to the 2 active trackers in zone.

See the problem?
Old 05-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

yes you are. You are entirely restricted to 2 people that have been camped in. 100% restricted to only 2 people that were camped prior to CT pop in the zone to be allowed to engage in the fight at all after FTE was aquired. Mages on poop mountain can CoTH or run in and make a pet and engage once the FTE was acquired. But you cannot pull in 20 camped players from poop mountain to engage.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes you are. You are entirely restricted to 2 people that have been camped in. 100% restricted to only 2 people that were camped prior to CT pop in the zone to be allowed to engage in the fight at all after FTE was aquired. Mages on poop mountain can CoTH or run in and make a pet and engage once the FTE was acquired. But you cannot pull in 20 camped players from poop mountain to engage.
Correct - but you cannot have the CotH mages on poop mountain do the cothing and watching for pops, then log off to two fully buffed tanks on poop mountain to engage.

Nuffwin was in zone before the spawn, logged off. Logged on and then assisted with the engage. Had he not done anything other than observe/locate/herd kittens in case of another guild's kite and wipe, to better your raid force for a potential zone in/pick up kite/engage, then there's no issue. I'm willing to concede the fact that guild trackers are not bound to a specific tracking location, other than they must not achieve FTE when tracking....because that's right and fair.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

I have nuffwin's full log - he actually didn't heal anyone nor did he do any damage to the target. I was being informed by a BDA person that they saw him heal the MT. He cast 2 heals but never landed a heal on anyone but himself...not that it is against the rules, but I don't see this conversation being any more productive. Feel free to ask whatever though, for clarification purposes.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I have nuffwin's full log - he actually didn't heal anyone nor did he do any damage to the target. I was being informed by a BDA person that they saw him heal the MT. He cast 2 heals but never landed a heal on anyone but himself...not that it is against the rules, but I don't see this conversation being any more productive. Feel free to ask whatever though, for clarification purposes.
[Sun May 03 15:41:27 2015] Nuffwin begins to cast a spell.
[Sun May 03 15:41:32 2015] Nuffwin's casting is interrupted!
[Sun May 03 15:41:35 2015] Nuffwin begins to cast a spell.
[Sun May 03 15:41:45 2015] Nuffwin begins to cast a spell.
[Sun May 03 15:42:25 2015] a fetid fiend says 'You will not evade me Nuffwin!'
[Sun May 03 15:42:36 2015] a fetid fiend says 'You will not evade me Nuffwin!'

Please clarify how healing himself drew aggro on the fetid fiend. Healing someone with aggro would make that happen, but not certain how healing himself while observing in the distance would make that happen.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No idea.

I had more to focus on than whether or not Nuffwin sat down during the raid. I really can't do any more digging on this issue. Nothing here is illegal, but you were looking for clarification. I've clarified to the maximum extent of my logs.
Last edited by bktroost; 05-06-2015 at 12:42 AM..
Closed Thread