Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can lawyer this until you turn blue if you like and I am sure that you will, but no rules are being broken in the scenario laid out in this thread.
There was no rule broken here. You can have an entire raid force camped out right underneath any raid target if you want, however if the mob spawns you can only log 2 of that entire raid force in, with the rest being disqualified from doing anything. Those 2 characters that you did log in are considered trackers and are subject to all the limitations of a tracker, which includes basically not being able to take any part in the encounter.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all the limitations of a tracker, which includes basically not being able to take any part in the encounter.
this is where BDA is concerned.

Frankly I already see a problem with how you phrased what you wrote: trackers for VS for example are crucial healers for the encounter as its normally a cleric + COH bot

I think I understand what you meant here and agree with the sentiment, but as far as I am aware so long as the trackers do NOT get the yellow text- they can help with the encounter AFTER yellow text

is that incorrect?
Old 05-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is where BDA is concerned.

Frankly I already see a problem with how you phrased what you wrote: trackers for VS for example are crucial healers for the encounter as its normally a cleric + COH bot

I think I understand what you meant here and agree with the sentiment, but as far as I am aware so long as the trackers do NOT get the yellow text- they can help with the encounter AFTER yellow text

is that incorrect?
So they had two trackers on the bell tower with all the other trackers. Then CT spawned, they logged their bell tower trackers, and logged in this Druid parked on the north wall. At that point isn't he a raider and not a tracker? The north wall isn't a location where trackers congregate, it's where raiders congregate.

Would it be kosher to have two coth mages on poop mountain for Trak, dump their mana cothing in the raid force, then /q and swap to two different buffed level 60 raiders also parked on poop mountain that are there to engage? As long as those two new raiders don't get yellow text it's fine?

That doesn't feel clean to me. It also seems absolutely insane to police. The rule is to not camp raiders at raid targets. Using an ambiguous "tracker" clause to circumvent that policy is not in the spirit of that rule.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Last edited by arsenalpow; 05-06-2015 at 02:32 PM..
Old 05-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it be kosher to have two coth mages on poop mountain for Trak, dump their mana cothing in the raid force, then /q and swap to two different buffed level 60 raiders also parked on poop mountain that are there to engage? As long as those two new raiders don't get yellow text it's fine?
This would be a No for me bc that means on poopmountain you had essentially 4 trackers parked.

When we do Trak we bitch at people to not park anyone down there - even the 'extra' mages who want to make it easier to replace the trackers currently there. Nope- we COH the replacement trackers down and gate the ones being replaced out, like everyone else.

I was more getting at the fact that trackers can certainly help with the encounter after the FTE has been established and secured, no where does it say they cannot however I dont think thats the exact issue BDA is concerned about. Their beef is the fact that much like how VS turned into a 'warrior/cleric' track team for a period of time- some rule bending here can turn things into a mess very quickly.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some rule bending here can turn things into a mess very quickly.
There is a rule against rule bending.

See: "Note on Rule Lawyering – I think the spirit of everything we are trying to accomplish here is pretty clear, and anyone that tries to twist the words to support and/or justify nefarious actions that go against the spirit of the rules posted here will not be rewarded. There will be no “technically this could be that”, or “well it doesn’t exactly say this word for word”."

It's a rule that basically says "intent is everything, don't try and cheat the system. If its a rule its a rule, if its not a rule don't make it a rule."

"and anyone that tries to twist the words to support and/or justify nefarious actions"
A.K.A. trying to turn your "tracker", who doesn't serve any major purpose int he encounter, into the raid's MT or Main Healer or Kiter or something very impacting.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

I agree that AG was not doing anything nefarious which is clear bc they sought Sirkens approval first

I guess the only thing that can b done is continue to observe if this boundary is pushed any further with future CTs or other encounters

Guilds can agree for X plane to only place trackers at Y but that would have to b agreed by everyone
Old 05-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I agree that AG was not doing anything nefarious which is clear bc they sought Sirkens approval first

I guess the only thing that can b done is continue to observe if this boundary is pushed any further with future CTs or other encounters

Guilds can agree for X plane to only place trackers at Y but that would have to b agreed by everyone
It is our understanding that Sirken was NOT consulted before the encounter and they did not seek Sirken's approval first.

After Nuffwin was caught logging into northwall camp in fear plane, Sirken showed up on Azure Guard's request to check logs for overlapping tracker log-ins. As far as we know, Sirken has no knowledge that Nuffwin logged in at the northwall camp (gathering area for AGs raid force), buffed raiders there, was LFG and said "druid LFG" at their camp, participated in the raid (ran out to the CT engage, cast multiple spells during the encounter), and was subsequently summoned by mobs and killed during the encounter.

Those are not the actions of a "tracker", those are actions of a raider that got an advantage over all the other raiders present by not having to negotiate the plane of fear or the mobs in the plane of fear on the way from the entrance of fear to the northwall of fear because he was camped there illegally.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread