Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Default Coldain Ring War (10)

So there are currently two major issues with the Coldain Ring War which somehow no one has reported yet, and one minor issue that I need to investigate a bit more.

1. During the final Phase of the event, it is the prevailing strategy of most guilds to kite the two High Priests of Zek that spawn with each wave, essentially cutting down the number of mobs that spawn and need to be killed quite a bit.

This is incorrect behavior. Every other giant that spawns in this event has the correct functionality where it will continue pathing unless engaged by a player in their Melee range.

2002 Allakhazam Quote
Quote:
The giants cannot be mezzed, I think they can be charmed. All can be snared and slowed (I think), but not sure about fear. IMPORTANT POINT: the giants exhibit a different than normal behavior during the war. No matter what you do to them, if they are not within melee range of an enemy, they will turn and move directly toward Thurgadin. You MUST engage them and keep them engage for the duration; they cannot be kited. Narandi when he spawns runs for the East Waste zone; he will follow if someone aggros him, though.
2. The timing and quantity of waves is wrong. On P99 currently you are getting 7 waves during all 3 phases of the event and the timing between waves is consistent.

In actuality you should be seeing:

7 Waves spaced at 3 minutes in Phase 1.
6 Waves spaces at 4.5 minutes in Phase 2.
5 Waves spaced at 6 minutes in Phase 3.

A very good write up to this event was posted in January of 2019 on Allakhazam, and the timings posted in the write up roughly reflect what I’ve written above and match my Al’Kabor logs.

3. The final wave of the first phase should spawn two waves simultaneously at different locations. I will have to check my logs to see if I have any near era confirmation that this existed or if it was some bug introduced to the script later on.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

i dont know, but in an event of loss they say all Thurgadin will be dead for 24 hours, never seen that happen here (post classic era?)

Quote:
All of Thurgadin dies in the event of a loss. You'll see dead Coldain throughout the zone: A Gutted Guard, A Gored Guard, A Butchered Butcher, A Murdered Merchant, A Bludgeoned Banker, A Conquered Coldain, A Punctured Priestess, and A Perforated Priest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jul 09 2002 at 3:31 PM
It ends up the 120 people in zone, only 30 something survived. Ends up when the giants hit zone, we lost. There was about 60 bodies out there.

Except after this fight everyone in town were dead, and as im writing they r still dead. They have not spawned any living townsfolk for 15 hours now. This is not right, its been like half a day and everyone in town are still dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan 27 2003 at 11:42 PM
Well sad to say that it takes 24 hours for the coldain to come back to life after a failed war and even worest is the bug that after winning the war the coldain can die.

is this a thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug 12 2002 at 2:04 PM
DO NOT KILL THE LEADERS UNTIL ALL OTHER GIANTS FROM THE SUBWAVE ARE DEAD. Killing the leader seems to start the timer for the next spawn.
About what OP says inline comment era, but not related to High Priests it selfs, just generalizes to "giants"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct 29 2001 at 2:14 PM
- The giants are *NOT* kitable anymore. Their follow range was changed to basically melee range, so if you aren't directly engaged with a giant it will ignore you and beeline for Thurg.